Anyone fish the marshes in Killbuck WA near shreve??

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by winchester97, Feb 6, 2008.

1. winchester97

winchester97 winchester97

Just wondering if anyone ever fished any of the marshes located in the Killbuck Wildlife Area. I have fished Killbuck Creek, and the two ponds behind Pine Tree Barn with good luck...in fact, we used to hammer the bass there untill it got drained a few years back. Specifically, I was wondering about the area off Clark Road in the swamps between Moreland and Shreve. The water looks clear, but maybe not too deep. Would appreciate any info out there. Thanks in advance!

2. I trap 'rats in that area and since the otters were reintroduced, they really cleaned up the carp.

I do see an occassional grass(pretty sure thats what they were) pike, and have had them jump into my canoe before. They don't get very big, biggest I saw was about 10". Haven't seen any other game fish, though they may be in the deeper holes and around the log jams and beaver dams. Heard some guys catch crappies around the log jams in the spring.

Trapper

3. winchester97

winchester97 winchester97

Thanks for the info, I was figuring there would probably be some crappie in there. As far as the otters go, I've seen 3 of them in the past two years in that area, and I bet they could really put a hurt on the fish population. Thanks for the help!