Anyone fish shreve lake

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by nate21088, Jun 30, 2008.

1. I been fishing there for few years now and cant get a bait just wanted to know if anyone is doing good there and what you are using

2. anyone? going friday

3. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

Just so your post doesn't die of old age, I'll give ya a response. Wayne County's only state lake doesn't have the reputation of being all that great as you probably know. Years ago (15+) I'd fish it a couple time per year for about 5 years in a row. In that time I saw a couple of bass caught, some nice crappie (but small numbers) and bunches of blue gill. That includes 3 ice fishing excursions.

These days, given the choice, I always go somewhere else so I don't have any current information for you.

Buick

4. I went to http://www.dnr.state.oh.us and they say this year is going to be good and i havent fished it yet this year but thanks for the response

5. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

Be sure to give us an updated report. Good luck!

Buick

6. JTRESS

JTRESS consistently confused

My opinion on Shreve Lake is the state has messed it up. It is a mud hole full of carp. They have grass carp in there that are protected, Why protect grass carp when the lake has no grass? Anyhow, they are the profesionals that we pay to manage our lakes in their best interests.:) Also the local Amish keep the fish fairly thinned down. oops... I did'nt say that did I? ;) :p

7. yea there are always a few boats filled with amish and plenty more on the shore. with them keeping the 8 inch bass and 3 inch blugill it is hard to have much luck. it is the closest lake for me also so i end up their 3-4 times a year i usually catch a few bass but nothing of any size.

8. I use to be in the TRY-county-bass club about 14 years ago we had a discusion with the OD and R about the shocking and moving of fish to SPENCER lake they said it never happened but we had members that seen it!
    About a year earlier we worked with them and put 28 stacks of 3 pallets , 8 cement blocks and then banded together. Each out on the 12' to 16' break about 8' apart, line line up west of fishing peer sight in on cement overflow at dam to last guardrail post at southwest end ! GOOD LUCK