close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone ever fish at disney in orlando

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Fish4Fun, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Ok will be at disney for a week in july 05 have been looking into some fishing right at the disney compound. We will have the gold package and it said something about free fishing excursions on it. and i read something about it once in a fishing mag. anyone know anything.

2. Fished the campground canals about 18 years ago. Caught several bass in the 2 to 3 pound range and saw some that had to be 10. Used the good old standby plastic worm. :) :)

3. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

yeah they even offer a guide service, but be warned, as you'll be out on a pontoon boat! There's bass to be found in their waters for sure though.

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

is that the only way to fish there roger? We will be staying at the disney resort they will pick us up at the air port and take us back. so i won't have a boat or car.

5. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Hey Jerry, if you are staying at a resort you could just fish from the bank of course. Most of them have small ponds and canals running through them. Every time I've stayed down there I've always seen someone with a small rod/reel casting, though I've never stayed around long enough to see if they caught anything. They definately do not prohibit the activity though. If you have the means and the time, you might want to look into trying to get down to Stick Marsh with a guide though. It's about 1-1/2 hrs southeast of orlando, and most guides will pick you up and drop you back off at your hotel. Topwater bite should definately be on that time of year, and you can easily get away with a 1/2 day trip (either early morning or late afternoon/evening).

PM me if you want more info.

6. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

My family went on the guided trip on their lake it was fun. Everyone caught bass and the biggest was around 5 lbs on a shiner. I was using a plastic worm and catching decent numbers of two lbers. It was on a pontoon, but it didn't seem to matter as all that was being done was fishing huge weedbeds that are in the lake.

7. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Yup my Father works for the "Mouse" and ive fish the lakes a few times and caught some very nice LM bass.I bank fished mostly , just working my way along sneaking up on fish....just watch out for SNAKES...lol.

My biggest from Fl. is 9 lbs from my Parents housing development lake.....many 6-7 lbers. My sister has the family record from thier lake at 12.4 lbs.

Good luck and have fun,
    Scott

8. there's always TurkeyLake, not too far and it offers trackerboat rentals for cheap...i think on 15 dollars. It's mentioned in Bassmaster. Good luck. I'll be camping in south Orlando in Early march. May know more about the Turkey lake deal after that(if i decide to check it out).

9. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Thanks for all the info guys, i tried like heck to slip in a trip to stick marsh or something but wife and grandparents would kill me. My only option is the ponds at disney in the mornings or evenings.

I will be in key west in may for some ocean fishing for a week with dad though cant wait.

10. I envy you. Fished the Keys once and couldn't believe the variety of fish.

11. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Never fished it. Dad went last year and loved it said he wanted to take me down this year and we have everything set up for may will be in the keys from may14 until may22, he said we fish and hit the bars that he goes to when he makes his yearly trips down so iam game for sure.