close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

anyone else really SICK right now?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Banker, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Banker

Banker Banned

I started coming down with a cold two days ago (not bad), felt like total crap yesterday, and just woke up after a whopping 2 or 3 hours of sleeping to to a pounding headache Has anyone else come down with a nasty cold recently (perhaps due to the sudden change in weather?) I'm supposed to go fishing with R&R this saturday and don't want to cancel (which I doubt I will) the trip....frig.. s.cks...can't remember the last time I felt this bad...anyone else? Bad headache (drinking water which I need to do is difficult) stuffed nostrils, ears clogged(to the point where I feel like I have an earache), extremely sore throat, etc. I could plug my nose, force air into my head (like you do to "unplug your ears") and fill up a 5 gallon bucket with phlem in no time(that is after I made are really cool sounding noise).....aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!

2. Banker

Banker Banned

oh and I forgot to add. I'm one of those people that "never" gets sick (like once every 2 or 3 years).....but when I do.....now back to the......

3. I had that last Saturday. It lasted about a day and 1/2 Now Im just coughing up crap from my lungs.Ive only been down once in two years. That was my once.It had me down to where I wanted to stay in bed. If I wore a depends, it woulda got used up. lol Glenn

4. Banker

Banker Banned

hey getinjiggy,

how do you fish ohio when you live in russia :confused: I'll bet you just say "go go gadget cast"....or somethinglike that anyways....care to share?

5. Boy don't let the people who live in Russia Ohio hear you pronounce it Russia, everyone there that I know pronounces it Roosia. Its a little town in NW Ohio.

6. dnm

dnm

Banker, Im a paramedic and I also work part time in An ER here in Columbus and I have noticed that there is alot of funky head colds going around. It isnt serious, and it only takes a few days to pass

7. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

My wife and boy are sick right now, cold like symptoms. hope i can avoid it.

sowbelly

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have had it for 3 weeks now, and not getting much better.

9. Banker

Banker Banned

I was really bad for 2 days. Though not 100% (I'm perhaps feelin about 85%) I feel much better now(the canned cream corn and tomato soup that I ate yesteday seemed to do the trick not only that but tasted awesome too!). Seeing as how its 5:40 maybe I'll just have to go fishing....

10. Oh great. Welp I am sure I will get it with my current lack of sleep. Welp thanks for the warning. I will be sure to be drinking los o fluids and orange juice.

Later,
    jay

11. Yeah chop its Rooshi. lol Its spelled like Russia. Im inbread Im not raised here. Mommas family is from this area. I grew up along the Auglaize river in Wapakoneta.I stomped around St.Marys chasin girls for years. No need for that anymore.Ok I just changed my profile. It shows Russia Ohio now! lol

12. Carpman_1977

Carpman_1977 Big Softy the Fish Finder

Yep, same symptoms here. First started out as a mild sore throat, then a cold, then one night it felt like someone was driving an axe into my skull at 4:00 AM. Not fun at all. Now I am just coughing up all of the nastiness that's left over in my lungs. It got so bad on the way to the lake that I needed to buy a can of Pepsi to drink and then use as a spitter (Didn't want to wind down the window- AC was on!). This heat and humidity is not helping either.

13. I am having similar things going on. Sore throat, Head all stuffed up, and crap in my lungs. Not fun but I still make time for fishing.:D

14. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

yeah, i called off work today "sick".... and went fishing
    I feel much better now....lol ;)

15. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

I am always getting a sick with a cold, either head or chest, usually bronchitis, sinusitis, upper resp. blah blah blah well, my brother has a doc. friend and said at first symptoms of anything start taking 2000 mg of vit. c twice a day. I have started that and for the first time I can remember the symtoms go away and no doc visit is needed. Usually it is a steroid shot and antibiotics. I do miss the shots cuz they keep the joints feelin good for a couple of days. anyhow, when I remember I take 1000 mg. a day just in case. Could be the placebo effect but aint been sick in a while. knock on wood.

16. Iron_Chef_CD

Iron_Chef_CD Allez Cuisine

I was sick with a cold, potentially strep throat about 3 weeks ago. Thought it was odd since it was the middle of summer and I rarely get sick. Guess it's going around, a buddy of mine was sick couple weeks ago also...