close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone else poor?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PoleSnatcher, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Ever since I started working I've always had around a grand or so saved up in my checking account. Now after paying insurance (6 months), truck payment, phone payment and other bills I know have $50. This sucks!!!! I dunno what to do now.

Anyone want to pay me to drink beer and eat pizza?

2. Poor? I once had 50 bucks saved up in my checking account. Now that I am retired I have five.

3. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

At least you guys are in the positive!

bill

4. Huh??? .........see i can`t even pay attention.

5. lureboy98

lureboy98 Livin' the Lifestyle

I have about $250 with a $300 check and $660 in car insurance due in november...plus i'm in college so i think you can do the math and if you cant let me clear it up....

I'M REALLY POOR!!!!

6. I'm in college too lure boy and just dropped insurance check for a new 4x4 ranger and a mustang, 6 month payment. This sucks. I've never beer this low in my account since i began working. Why can't I get paid to drink beer and try TRY to pick up chicks?

7. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

shut up Nick! I am poorer than you! I am in debt about 12,000. Can i borrow some money? what are you doing tomorrow?

8. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Maybe it's the new truck payment that caused your account to drop :D Hey, you have to have a nice vehicle to get out to fish and hunt!

9. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I just got my insurance statement for my home, two trucks, two boats, my motorcycle, and two atvs.

To top it off, I just got my accountants bill for doing my taxes ($1100).

Anyone got a couple grand they can spot me?

10. JBJ

JBJ

Try working at your favorite fishing supplies store...

Even the moths in my wallet are starving!!! :rolleyes:

11. heres one for ya...
    ex wife ...2 kids from her $700.00mth
    new house $850.00mth
    2 car payments $700.00mth
    8mth old son $???????mth
    -------------------------------------
    new wife...3kids to take fishing..
    PRICELESS...... :D
    FISH4WALL

12. Im So Poor If You Look Up The Word Poor In The Dictionary You Will See My Picture There..

13. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

It ain't just you, And alot of the people that look like they have everything are just as broke as we are. Just have more toys and spend more time at work.

My wife doesn't work we have 4 kids, 2 car payments, house payment, insurance. All i can tell ya is don't sweet it and have a good time. Do the things you want to do and enjoy. Because in the end it aint going to matter if you have $5 bucks or A million in the bank because you sure cant take it with you so enjoy it now or someone else will.

14. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

I am healthy and so is my 6 year old daughter, Taylor. I don't have much money either. But she loves me and I love her. I think I'm rich! :)

15. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

well,you sure don't end up with a big bank account from being a firefighter but i sure don't feel poor either.
    wife,2 great kids,a roof over my head and 3 squares a day.i really feel pretty darn fortunate.
    it could always be worse.i grew up hearing alot of stories about the depression from my father.his parents were both ministers with the nazerine church so i know they didn't have very much money.but he and his brother got something that money has never been able to buy,a good upbringing.
    polesnatcher,you'll do okay.just keep focused on your schooling and your goals.they'll pay off for you in the long run.and when they do,you'll enjoy it that much more because you worked hard for it!

16. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

want to talk anout poor i work for the state and the wife is a student last week i missed a check that we spent at the store and bounced 4 checks 120 bucks in the hole in fines plus the amount for the checks put me about 250 in the hole now thats poor ........... mac and cheese for me for the last week and 1/2 plus i think i have consumed over the state safe limit of fish consumed per month by about 10000 % :( ..................jim

17. Pole Snatcher,

I know that many of us are struggling to make ends meet right now in the current state of the economy. But try to keep things in perspective. While going to college I too could hardly make ends meet. And I was driving about a 10 year old vehicle. It seems to me that you are not doing that bad compared to some that I know. I don't know of anyone personally that is in college and owns two vehicles, one of which is a brand new 4x4. If things are truly that bad perhaps it is time to part with a vehicle. I am not saying that you can not own the two vehicles but yo also need to keep it in perspective. I did not own two vehicles until I graduated from college.

18. I got one for you guys. 100% commision, and laid up with the back problems. Im still trying to work, but im about 20%. Not to mention that the company pays in tiers. Basically the more money you bring in, the higher comission you get. The fiance works, but with daycare, and child support she brings home enough to pay for diapers and cable bill :( What was in savings has been depleted, and i have no disability insurance. Dont know what we are going to do after surgery :( Oh and did i mention that she was a pedestrian in a vehicle accident. Someone hit her while she was putting our son in the car. Her health care hasnt went into effect yet. THey wont cover it anyway cause she has no health care now. Insurance company is screwing us around, and says we gotta pay the bills and they will pay us back. Oh yeah she has to have surgery to. :eek: Its going to be a long winter!!!!

19. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

It's not what you make, it's what you spend, I don't spend much, but all of the sudden, I'm not making any either. I keep saying God has a plan......with that in mind, I also know that God feeds the birds in the air and the fish in the sea....BUT....He doesn't drop the worm into the nest. It's all provided, but we are still responsible to do our part.

20. Not to scare the guys in college, but what Jim said is right on the money! It is not waht you make, but what you spend. I had much more disposable income when I was only working part-time and going to college. I didn’t make anything, but I also didn’t owe anything. Now, I don’t even get to see any money. Direct deposit and direct withdraw.