Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
¿
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never gone four days of a spring summer fall holiday and not fished. Now before you state the obvious that Im a whimp. I and my fishing partner are dealing with some health issues and that last thing we wanted to do was fight with rain. The good news is the water levels are up! It's the rough times that make the average ones's great! Here's to getting out this week sometime.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
same here and a wimp too....I can go anytime now, so why go when it's like this anyway and especially on a holiday weekend makes NO sense to me and fight the crowds and nuts
a wise decision on your part ;)

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I fished all morning in the rain,Friday from daylight till almost noon and caught 30-40 crappie. Kept ten of them 11" to 13" long. As long as the rain kept up they were biting good. I did have a rain suit on and was very comfortable.

·
A one-man wolfpack...
3,197 Posts
Rough weekend for me as well: I fished the creek Saturday evening for two hours and caught exactly one smallie, and I fished a quarry last night for two hours and caught exactly one LMB. I might go out tonight...

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had a great weekend on the fishing side by avoided all the weather by being up on Lake Huron. I count about 40 lbs of smallmouth over the 4 days. At the end of the trip though, I lost a rod/reel to the lake when it fell overboard. Looks like I'm out of commission for a couple of days until the new set shows up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts