Anyone catching smallies on the lmr?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishymcgoo, Aug 9, 2008.

1. fishymcgoo

fishymcgoo I DIDN'T SEE THE SIGN

i havent had any luck with smallies the last couple weeks. i was tearing them up a few weeks ago. the last couple times out i have fished for shovelheads and caught a bunch some good size. if anyone is having any luck with smallies on the lmr any tips would help. i fish mostly the milford area.

2. Ajax

Ajax Rapala Snagger

I fish just north of Milford and I've caught a few smallies but not as many as I'd like. Most all the smallies I caught were right above the rapids. Every time I fish below the rapids I catch sauger and saugeye. I even caught a nice channel cat on a crankbait below the rapids.

3. fishymcgoo

fishymcgoo I DIDN'T SEE THE SIGN

i havent caught a sauger or saugeye yet this year at the lmr. i have caught quite a few a couple months ago at the ohio river.

4. I have been catching some smallies but i have been fishing for catfish mainly. I have gotten a bunch of small flathead... 8lbs at the largest, and a 31" channel!!!

5. I was out Sunday morning for about 1 hour and caught a white bass.

6. I am heading out wednesday evening to the LMR. Probably up around Morrow or a little further north. I let you know if I can land any. We caught a few small ones down from the spillway at East Fork on saturday morning.