close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone carpin this weekend?

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by RiverRat, Oct 13, 2005.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Im hopin to hit somewhere with AK on friday...then have to see if Dave got Monday off..if so we are OHIO RIVER bound for 2 days of haulin fish!!

Waters coolin down pretty good..better get out and catch that big fall carp before its too late guys.

Scott

2. I'm off tomorrow so I am planning on going out and fishing somewhere don't know where yet.

3. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

marc.. gimme a shout maan.. :)

4. The Kernel

The Kernel Banned

Come up here and test your carping skills against Akrons finest anglers! Should be fun.....

October 15th at Firestone Lake, Warner Rd, Akron

8.00 am meet, fish 9-5, 100% payout, Roving peg draw, Big three wins (second and third place prizes also), $20.00 Entry, Optional $5.00 big fish pot. Optional $5.00 odd fish pot.

5. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Kernal...that was the plan after you first posted it....but then we thought of the drive to only fish for 8 hrs. in a small fish lake.
    Next year when you guys get some big fish water on the sced. i'll be glad to come up and take your Akron money...no problem....hehehe

Plus im die'in to break out my new pod some more...had it out 2 times last week, hope'in to put it to a good test on the mighty Ohio river this weekend.

Scott

6. The Kernel

The Kernel Banned

Brian C has said he is going to be the first man to get three thirties out of there this weekend....you've gotta think positive! It is a tough water to sort out the bigger fish...afraid of the challenge or what?? ;) :D

7. crappielooker

brian has to first get outta the house, then get his crap load in his car first.. when was the last time he did that?? :D :p

8. PAYARA

PAYARA THE ONE YOU LOVE TO HATE

Boys,one must accually FISH to catch 30's,and i don't
    believe Firestone is a venue on Fishsim ;)

Mark,i say you set up a goldfish pot......lord knows their bigger than the
    carp :D

9. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Kernal,
    In my short time fishing for carp(on purpose)..ive attended a handful of events where ive caught loads of fish on waters i never fish(so i dont have any advantage on "hot spots" or pre-chummed swims) and ive done VERY well, when other anglers, like yourself(East Harbor) didnt fair very well. In two events at EH i have landed a total of 47 carp with the biggest at 21 lbs.(2005) and 2 Mirror carp....i personally think the out come of the 2005 carp king would be totally different if i would of went with the flow and stayed a CAG member....21 lbs. is sad for Ohio's waters, but atleast 2 good things came about your fish...#1 it was from the ONLY river event in Ohio's CAG and #2 it was a MIRROR...i congradulate you on your catch! Goes to show that RIVERS should play a bigger part in Ohio's events!!!!
    As far as affraid of competition...LMAO...i think we need MORE of it in Ohio to push anglers to become better at thier craft and to encourage carpers to search out new waters to find Ohio's own "town lake". Leave the ones only fishing for "fun" and dont care about bigger fish to Buckeye lake, Dillon, ect.

As far as Brian catching three 30's from this water in Akron....i say hell yea and i wish him loads of luck on his quest, we need more serious anglers that set thier goals high and then work hard to reach them. I think Brian is a top angler and he has a lot of the same thoughts i do myself..the Quest for Ohio's first offical 40 lb. carp will be had to the angler that puts the time, effort and fishes the right water...not the weeekend warrior fishing small fish lakes.
    I cant believe more anglers are'nt catching fish here like other states...someone needs to step up and show what Ohio's all about..the fish are there but are you angler enough to find them? Im no longer a member..so you guys are on your own.

Its all good though, i will make it up your way and give your events a shot for sure, great bunch of anglers including yourself running them...i hope its a start of great tournys to come next year.

Tell Richie E. i said Hi...thanks,

Scott

10. PAYARA

PAYARA THE ONE YOU LOVE TO HATE

Scott,your not very familiar with Brian are you?

11. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

LOL....well Greg, to tell the truth ive only met Brian 2 times....once at East Harbor 2 years ago when you and him fished close to Richie E. on the point ,on the campground side. He came down to use my tools to fix those horrible Fox catapults(swing head style)..and i think he bumed a few cigs. off me..lol. If i remember correctly, that was also the same year i met Kernal..he also fished to the left of Richie near the cove?
    And 2nd time was just last week when i drove up north to purchase his Amiaud Peche Carpo rod pod.

So no i do not know Brian very well, but i do know hes fished the WCC, Town lake and many other big carp waters and has caught carp to 41 lbs...which is more than i can say for myself.....hell that rod pod has been to more places in the USA than i have been..geez us!

I know he fishes around the same area on the Ohio river that i do and i plan on hooking up with him next spring for some river carping..i'll have to wait til i get to know him better before i poke fun at him like you guys are though..lol.

Scott

12. crappielooker

he just got lucky hookin those fish.. :D :p

13. The Kernel

The Kernel Banned

Scott

I wish you'd ease up a bit on the 'I'm the best thing in Ohio carp angling since sliced bread' angle...it makes you sound a little insecure, or like you have a genital deficiency or something?:p Get a big red sports car or better still let your carp angling prowess speak for itself..three Ohio thirties is rather good going old chap :)

I know what you mean about the Ohio carp king result....if only I hadn't had to leave the WCC to pick my wife and newborn son up from the hospital we would have won the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP...imagine how bummed out about that I am!? ;)

As sorry a specimen (by comparison to other states and others standards) as that was, it is my personal best Mirror and I am immensely proud to have landed it there..and more importantly then. The biggest fish landed in an Ohio CAG event in three years! Imagine?!!..We can only reflect on what incredible leviathans would have surfaced had you been there...

If you can't tell, I don't take any of this too seriousely, and neither should you..

If you change your mind about Saturday we would like to see you fish with us, I should add that I have never even fished this water before and I doubt anyone will be chumming up any spots because of the nature of this water they would likely be doing someone else a favour..

The winner on Saturday will be as deserving if he lands three five pounders or three thirty pounders...its all relative...

...and the hunt for the first Ohio forty is ON.. ;)

Later

Your friend: The Ohio Carp King

14. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

LMAO....LMAO......you kill me!!

If ya fished with me at all, you'd know your reading WAY more into my posts than needs to be...do i think im the best carper in Ohio...?...NOPE but i know im in the top and have proven i can catch fish from new waters...can catch lots of fish...and yes can catch big fish...but thats not saying im the best, just state'in FACTS on my abilitys.

Ya know, the more Greg got me thinking about the first time i met Brian up at EH 2 yrs. ago..i thought about was it you i met too...?
    Im picturing a guy in a black sweat shirt to the left of Richie..are you by chance from the UK ??

Dont worry buddy, i wouldnt try to take away your fire being 2005 CK....you did very well, congrats......lol..but your only CAG's 2005 CK....dont let the 21 lber go to your head...hehehe(incase ya didnt know that was a JOKE made in FUN, nothing personal or serious intended)..geez pretty bad when ya got to type it out!!

15. crappielooker

dood.. from one king to another.. if i want a forty, i know a place that i come pretty damn close and have it gone right in front of me.. i just need to put more time in this water.. no need to be drivin around the country, i want one from my own legwork.. :D

16. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Thats the spirit AK.......we dont need to go to other states to break PB's or catch big carp....theres PLENTY of big fish waters right here in our state.
    I know of 2 waters with in 30 mins. drive from me that contain 40+ lb. carp.....ive been close but still not over the 40 mark yet.

Scott

17. Hey RiverRat, are you and OCC Dave heading down to the river this weekend? I am tied up this weekend but maybe we can get out next weekend. Let me know how ya did down there if ya go.

Jake

18. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

HOLLY.......dude you ARE still alive...WOW!!
    Thought you'd gone MIA for good this time...lmao..next time i thought i'd see ya you'd be married with a few kids..HAHAHAHAH.

Anyway, heres the deal..as usual i planed a fishing trip on or during Oct. 16th..this happens to be my Annv. date....which of course i always forget about each year..lol...spent one whole morning hammerin smallies when Duane said something about it being Oct. 16th..i about died..of course hauled butt to the store before going home(flowers and card). I'll work this one out too some how.
    So IF Dave got off monday, we will be going to the river Sun-Mon...next weekend is clear too...i'll give ya a shout and we'll make plans.

Scott

19. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Well so far ive had 3 trips out..one was SM bass huntin and we did very well...then Friday afternoon with AK...tried to get that darn carp rod apart for him..no go!
    I caught a 5 lb. channel cat..he swung into the air at a few screamin alarms...lol.

Saturday, hit the river with Dave, had some good action with fish up to mid teens...i might head back to the same spot Sunday, since he couldnt get Monday off to go to the Ohio river. I will be heading out to the big river for sure next weekend(weather permittng)...give me a shout Jake, not sure if Dave will be able to go...im going for sure!

Scott