close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone care to share their knowledge?

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by Onion, Jun 24, 2004.

1. I recently found out about Fernbank park west of Cincinnati along River Rd. and like the looks of it (as far as access and safety etc..). What I do not know is basically how to fish this area.

I have never really spent much time fishing big rivers for big fish. The closest I have come is on the GMR catching 5 lb channel cats.

I went down to the park one night last week and of course the current was really humming. I tried to hold my bait down with 5 ounces of no roll and bank sinkers to no avail.

I plan on using a basic slip rig with no roll sinkers. What should I plan on as far as weight to keep the bait down during a normal day (as far as current goes)?

For bait I figure chicken liver will work for channels and maybe stripers. I have a few bags of frozen creek chubs (some up to 7" long), will these work for flats or should I try and bring a bucket of bluegills?

I have a trip booked with Josh Mullis in July and I am hoping to pick up lots of info for fishing off the boat from him but chances are most of my fishing will be done from shore.

2. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

3. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Onion,

Pm sent to ya..........Doc

4. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

5. fish down towards the marina area (fore&aft) on the rocks it is hard to find a good place to cast but they are there. I got checked a few years ago fishing from the bank there by a state guy that just checks creels he told me that he has seen some of the biggest shovelheads on the river caught in this area i always did good with shrimp. be fore we got our boat my son and a friend caught 10 shovels in a night there we would always catch nice channells and blues one other thing dont forget the mesquito repellant and dont park in the park after i think it is 10 oclock they will definitely give you a ticket you can park in the lot to the right before you turn into the park.good fishing.