close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone been to Knox Lately

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by dsabass, Jul 16, 2007.

1. I am headed to Knox Lake next weekend, I have never been there and need some help. Oh yeah I will be looking for LMB.:confused: :

Thanks

2. tnant1

tnant1 Avid bait killer

my bother and i went there on the 7th for the first time ever. we caught 14 from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m. the largest being 18"-19". this is a great lake for lm. we caught them all from the shore with either rubber worm or tubes.

3. If you have a boat basically just move along the shoreline casting as close to the bank as you can get. My top choices are Rubber worms, crankbaits, and hula poppers if it is late or early. A lot of guys put in on the North end and fish in the "woods," You could also put in at the south ramp and fish up to the north end through the narrows.

4. walleye warrior

walleye warrior Clearfork Muskie Addict

i have seen some large bass boats out there with no kicker motors running there trolling motors only. i would like to get out there too but my question is can you use your large motor to trailer?

5. yes they have never said anything to me

6. its a 10 hp only lake.

7. they haven't said anything to me either, try sinko's they work their also, don't forget to drop shot too, Why not try an AC SHINER

8. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

i heard it is a mud bottom, is this true?

9. jigger69

jigger69 Bambi slayer

most of is,but some has rocky shore spots,Sun. I caught 3 fish on a spinnerbait,and missed a few others they were bitting light and missing it needed to put a trailor hook on but I didn't,,there is lots of fry hatches all over the lake thats why I think they aren't hitting real well

10. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy

11. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

i thought i heard that it was, i went there 1 time and that was when i was like 6 or 7, we caught like 2 bluegills in like a 6 hours. have not been back since. thanks.

12. john

john

I can't remember his screen name, but what happened to the member that always posted the good reports on Knox? I remember he lived like 5 min from the lake and fished it when he got off work in the morning

13. I fished this evening in the "woods". Never tried it before and will never try again. I hit so many stumps it was impossible to get through them all. We were only drifting and using trolling motor but what a pain!!!!

Is there a trick to fishing this part of the lake?

14. Hey T 72 thats why they call it the "woods":D

The angler who lives close by is {Fish For Fun} 4F4.

Thanks for the map link I learned something new from them.
    Now am anxious to get up there again.

Capt Hook

15. Yeah, that would be Fish4Fun. I believe with his tourney fishing he doesn't hit Knox as much as he used to. I don't believe that he simply abandoned the reports but he is probably spending more time on other waters lately.

16. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Years back the "woods" was standing timber. There is a river channel going through it but since all the trees are broke off at water level you can't see it anymore

17. Any suggestions on fishing the "Woods". I am think of hitting them with my float tube this weekend.

18. streamstalker

streamstalker deleted

I used to fish them all the time in my canoe and did okay, but that was a while ago. In recent years I have not caught a damn thing back there. I would get out early and work the coves north side the stumps (There are areas of more open water between the stumps and the shoreline.) and then move out in the stumps as the morning progresses. Go topwater and weightless worm in the morning around the edges and then use weighted worms and spinner baits later on. Try to bump the bottom of the stumps and hit them several times with your spinnerbait before you give up on them. If there is a light breeze you can read the stream channel pretty well because the water will be glassy over top of that and the ripples will outline it. If the bass were not hitting, I used to bring some chicken livers and catch channels in there. Hmmmm...on second thought, catfishing in a float tube does not sound like a good idea. You also should be aware that you will bump a lot of those stumps, and I'll bet there are a good amount of hooks buried in them that could puncture your tube.