close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone been to Greenup dam this week?

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by kyjake, Dec 10, 2007.

1. kyjake

kyjake Still learning

Haven't fished Greenup dam since 11-26-07 and was planning on going Monday or Tuesday if the water is not in too bad of shape.
    Jake

2. I was there this morning. Ohio side is unfishable. Tried to fish the Kentucky side and all I managed to get were cold, wet feet.

The Kentucky side is fishable but they weren't biting at all. Several colored grubs, spoons and minnows.. nothing but snags (Cleaned off grass/leafs every cast but didn't lose anything)

3. kyjake

kyjake Still learning

Since it is to be nice and warm going down to the dam tomorrow afternoon and
    try to find some slack water to fish in on one side or the other.Don't have any now but had some good days fishing the Ky. side with minnows.This was before the bridge was built.
    Jake

4. Any luck?

I looked at the river today in Huntington. Looked terrible. Swift and Muddy.

5. kyjake

kyjake Still learning

Fished the Ohio side for about three hours this afternoon without a strike.Started with curly tail jigs,yellow with orange tails,1/4 oz. beetle spin then went to a straw rig for most of the day.The river was very muddy but the was plenty of slack water to fish.The water was up to the fifth step below the landing at the top of the stairs.Fished up at the wall for a little but there was too much trash hanging there.
    Is anyone catching anything out of the river now?Should have took my catfish rigs.
    Jake