Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
d{>_
519 Posts
Nope started a new job at toledo jeep plant and have 2 weddings coming up that im in so havent had any time :( sucks I want to get out before summer is over

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya! A few years back I saw on that Arrow Affliction show where he was out in the winter bowfishing. Somewhere in Minnesota I think. That would be nice to do in Ohio if someone knew of a place.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hasn't been hot enough for the gar to come up to the surface in the creek above the lake at Deer Creek. I'm anxiously waiting for the righ weather.

·
Kayak Fishing's Most Wanted
944 Posts
me and a buddy, have got 5 gar so far.......need warmer nights, its hard to see when the fog starts rolling off the water.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What part of deer creek do the gar hang out? Let me know if anyone starts to see any or needs some extra shooters! Thanks

·
944 Posts
big walnut creek.......loaded with gar, and some nice buffalo suckers too!!!!!

·
944 Posts
Never been there. Can you get a small boat in? We have a 10 ft. Pelican.
me and my buddy use a 14' canoe.......so, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Was over at Alum on 8-22 & there were quite a few carp up shallow toward evening. We were fishing so not a lot of help, but they were rolling in a couple coves up close.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was over at Alum on 8-22 & there were quite a few carp up shallow toward evening. We were fishing so not a lot of help, but they were rolling in a couple coves up close.
I have never been up there,heard it's pretty good. Thanks

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Looks like Alum might be getting better again. Pretty slow a month ago according to my sons ; I was laid up so didn't get to tag along.
We may be able to get out on Austin's bye week from football, otherwise it's going to be quite a while.

·
d{>_
519 Posts
Made it down to the river( Maumee river in Grand Rapids Oh) last Sunday 8-25 wadded around for about 2 hours and only seen 1 gar and 2 quilbacks missed all them. Put the bow up and got the rod and reel out was fishing for maybe 10mins and seen 10-15 buffalos so went and switched back to bow and manged 3 buffs

Attachments

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Well, finally feeling up to it & ReadHead has a bye week ............ something's going to die this weekend. Haven't been out in months, hope I'm not too rusty. Sure would like to find some carp, gar, and/or buffs up shallow, but not sure how this cold front & rain are going to affect them.
Anyone else getting out this weekend ??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts