close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone been out lately?

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by Stampede, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Stampede

Stampede The Fish Feeder

Going out this weekend.Anyone been out?Hows the cats now.Are they hitting days or night?

2. slow fishing this rain may help if the river comes up any it should help things out day or night seems to be the same

3. Baitkiller

Baitkiller Baitkiller

I went on the Ohio River by East Liverpool Thurs 1PM till 8:30 PM. They just mouthed the bait and would not pick it up till about 3 PM. The rest of the time the Flatheads would not even touch it :( . The water temp was about 63 degrees.

When you say catfish I think Flatheads.

<><Baitkiller><>

4. Weekend b4 last, caught a 6lb 12oz channel and a couple of dinks right at sundown. Last weekend fished the river and a gravel pit. The hits started at the same time and lasted until 9pm, but they were just "mouthin the bait", as Baitkiller put it. Probably channels as there were no scales on the live bait and just gristle left from the livers.

It gets both dark and cold fast now. Seems like you have to be there just as the sun is in its last 15 degrees and then an hour after that. Water temps in both places were in the mid 60's. The guys here say the cats rock until the temps hit the 50's, so I'm hopeful.