close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

anyone been fishing ???

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tcba1987, Jan 14, 2005.

1. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

has anyone been fishing here lately ??? just wondered if you are having any luck ??? i havent been lucky enough to get out . :D

2. THis rain and cold spell will keep the fishing slow for a little while. I was going to hit Deer Creek Spillway today but the fast water release out of the lake changed my mind there. I'll be staying away from spillways for awhile.

3. I went out a week or so ago when it was still warm. Fished for bass in a pond for about an hour. No hits on jig or spinnerbait, but it felt good to cast for awhile anyway!

4. basscatcher89

basscatcher89 basscatcher89

I went saturday and caught nothing i went sunday and caught 1, 10 inch crappie 1, 9 inch white bass and eleven 6-10 inch saugeye at paint creek spillway.

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

That's awesome Basscatcher! But should your name be changed to saugeyecatcher?? haha! :D

6. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

Went to Clear Creek on Sunday. Thought I'd use my short ice rod to cast a power nugget but line was all backlashed so I used ultralight to cast a spinner till it tied itself in a knot around one of the eyes so I broke out the flyrod and fished the power nugget on that till I stepped in over my knee high boots. (dang that's cold!) Some guys were fishing for and catching suckers. They told me they pressure cook them which dissolves the bones. Anyway, on my way out I stopped by the Johnston bridge to take some photos and check out the creek there and busted my arse good on the snow/ice/mud. Didn't drop my camera though and I think I should get a point for that. Oh, yea, didn't catch a darn thing. So after one round it's all tied up!

Fish-1
    Gonefishin'-1

7. Hey Gonefishin, how big of an area in Clear Creek did you cover? After looking at the photos you posted in earlier thread, I wanted to check it out. Probably won't happen till the end of the month, need to get some school stuff done first.
    I was thinking of using a rooster tail and also floating a small crappie jig tipped with wax worm in pools and bends.

8. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

I only hit the easy pulloffs cause of the snow/ice/mud, but, a couple of those were pretty good despite the...snow/ice/mud. I've determined, because I'm an intelligent person, that if I have to use "snow/ice/mud" to describe the conditions I'm fishing in, then, maybe I'm not as intelligent as I thought I was. I think if you try what your saying you should do well. Just get that bait in the water. I've become a believer in those wax worms. I've seen them catch things when nothing else would. Keep us posted on how you do. I just love to hear about people catching fish while I'm trying to keep from falling in. Good luck!