close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone been fishing Clear Fork lately ?

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by Blue Pike, Aug 30, 2007.

1. The Walleye bite in the upland reservoirs in the NW part of the state have slowed down a bit.

May be a good time to give the Muskie a try.

Just last week I set the boat up for trolling. I have very limited experience trolling for Muskie, any suggestion on technique and what lures to use?

Any info on Clear Fork would be much appreciated, water temperature , is the water muddy from the storms last week?

Thanks Blue Pike

2. Read around from what i hear you cant cast or troll it with out getting weeds . It is choked pretty bad from what i am hearing.

3. Jshbuckeye --- Thanks for the info.

I fished Clear Fork Saturday, the weed are pretty thick but not that bad.
    I fished a spinnerbait most of the morning and trolled a few hours in the afternoon and called it quits about 2:30 or so.

Water Temp at first light 73 at noon it was 75.

Can't see very deep in the water, maybe a foot or so at the boat ramp. On the NE end of the lake I could see a silver holo ernie down about two feet.

Had one fish (that I seen) after a Black/nickel Rad Dog. No hook up but still a good day on the water.

4. I want to find a good a muskie lake to fish. been there 3 times or so,and my brother is the only one who had a good muskie on Besides trolling is there a better way to fish that place?

5. :S I had my brother come down we had no luck it was a nice day to be out on the water. Im still looking for me first clear fork muskie. maybe this fall will pay off for me.