close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone been catfishing ??

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by mrfishohio, Dec 17, 2004.

1. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Just wondering if any blues are being caught ........ :confused:

2. I went down to the mouth of the Licking river and didn't catch anything - not even a bite. Fished for about 4 hours using live and cut bait, also nightcrawlers. I'm going out on Saturday to try agian.

3. catfishkiller29

catfishkiller29 Northern Kentucky

I threw Skipjack chunks,gutpockets and Heads all day today and yesterday at them Blues and not but one bite I was down river from anderson ferry fishing from shore In the Markland pool Near cincy

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller Baitkiller

It was reported that WV is going to start stocking Blue Catfish in the Ohio River at the Bellville Pool starting in 2005. It was said that a they plan on placing about 2,900 per year there and possibly start on other areas later.

<>< Baitkiller ><>

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

That sounds great!

6. Baitkiller

Baitkiller Baitkiller

7. catfishkiller29

Has any one caught any blues in the markland pool in the last week? If so what size?I have been fishing for the last three days with no results

8. catfishkiller29

just refreshing this thread has any one caught any blues at all I am hoping this rising water will help

9. First off Adam it was good fishing with ya last week ;) next time they will be bigger!Let us know how you do,the river is way high though :( daryl

10. catking

catking Banned

My brother caught a couple 20 + before the rising waters . He's a bass fisherman, and told me they were channel cats . I believe they were probably blues . These were caught in the east fork miami river , not known for blues at all, but I have seen some come out of the area in which he caught these. In fact, I'm been seeing and hearing more and more blues coming out of this area . Something is up....... Migration...... CATKING

11. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Bring on the Blues I say!

12. catfishkiller29

Daryl Where did ya post your pics from the trip?I wanted to show my wife your alls fish.

13. Adam they are in my photo gallery. daryl

14. catfishkiller29

They turned out great man

15. Going to try some farmpond catfishing this weekend-hope they are hungry :)

16. catfishkiller29

You want to shore fish I have a spot in a flooded creek

17. Thanks Adam,I think will just stay close to home-fish a little and try to get some stuff done that I have been putting off. daryl