Anybody want to hit Alum this morning?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Muskarp, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Muskarp

Muskarp Banned

I'm going to try the east side of the dam this morning for a few hours. Anybody interested in joining me? I'll check back before I leave about 9:00. Or just come out and join me, black suv parked on the east side of the dam.
    Dan

2. Let us know how you did :B . Thanks

3. Muskarp

Muskarp Banned

Only managed one 16" eye. Caught on a minnow under a board. Didn't mark many fish. Couldn't find any biting crappie. Popped about 40 holes. Tried everything from 36' to 7'. Found the eye at 15. Lake is a good 6" with 1-3" of garbage on top of it. Worked Chesire Road area yesterday. Managed 4 11" crappie and a couple small gills. Same ice conditions up there.

4. Is the ice good on the main lake or still just in the coves?

5. went to the spillway yesterday. Water was at normal flow. Everything was frozen except right where the water spills out, and down beyond the bridge. No luck. Thought I had a few bites, but was probably trying to set the hook in rocks.

6. Muskarp

Muskarp Banned

Yes, that's what I was fishing, off the dam and Cheshire Road. Same thickness. I ventured almost to the middle of the lake. The only place I've fished that had a different thickness was the cove at the end of the kayak/ canoe launch. Ice was only five. Must be a spring in that area.

7. Be careful out in main lake man went thru yesterday with 10" ice everywhere except the spot he stepped on was 2-3" and thru he went. Pay attention out there.

8. Oh my gosh, is he alright? Hope he had some picks!

9. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Heading to Gelena now - Will be there at 430

10. Muskarp

Muskarp Banned

Yeah, from that picture, looks like he was in a real risky spot. Awfully close to the gates. And the city had been pulling 7 milllion gallons a day a week or so ago. Not exactly the best place to be. Fishing near the actual gates/ discharge at any reservoir is real questionable. Definitely glade he didn't go all the way in, and made it out OK. Always wear a PFD while fishing alone.

11. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Will be at Alum (Gelena) tonight starting around 330.