close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anybody seen the "Armageddon" lure?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by dnm, Jun 9, 2005.

1. dnm

dnm

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

For $250.00 it better net itself, put the fish in the live well and get me another beer!! :p

3. For the person who buys that thing I have a 5 hp motor that will push a 16 ft boat 60 mph and runs on air ;) . The price is a modest $20,000 :p

4. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Didn't see any pricing on their website. Just looks like a Sassy Shad with pretty eyes.

$250...get real!!!

5. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

$8.00-$22.00 per lure. Don't know where $250 came from?

6. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

it says $250 on the site for the Armageddon lure and $150 for the wake lure

7. These are the expensive ones:
    http://www.316lurecompany.com/hardbaits.html

Don't look much different than other baits that have been catching fish for years for a lot less. For that kind of cash, the least they could do is put top quality hooks on them. :rolleyes: They don't look too special to me.

8. Could you imagine if you had that tied on and a big ol bass breaks it off! :eek:

9. One lure cost more than my first boat.

10. This lure was made for one specific purpose - catching the next world record largemouth. California stocks large numbers of trout in it's lakes each year and 1/3 of them are eaten in the first week by big bass. And it's also illegal in that state to use trout as bait, so they started making lures of life-sized trout. Not that you'll see me spending $250 on a lure anytime soon.