Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody get a chance to stop by the Cincinnati Fishing Expo this weekend? What did you buy? Did you sit in on any of the panels or demonstrations?

I shot a little video of the Expo this weekend, in case anybody want to check out what it was like:

SPRING IS COMING

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
We stopped by Saturday afternoon and trying to find parking was a pain in the butt. It was a decent show nothing like the expo in Columbus which offered a lot more of the type of fishing I do. More bass, crappie and catfish equipment but I understood that going in since we are 230 miles from Erie.
Worth the $10.00 to get in!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I went Sunday and enjoyed stopping by the Vic Coomer and Big Joshy booths. Forgot to bring my Little Miami book for Steve Coomer to sign. I wish there were more fly fishing booths but no big deal. Saw some decent deals and got some random lures and bits of tackle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I spoke all 3 days on the Catfish College and the crowds were light on Friday but Sat and Sunday were good both days. Lots of equipment vendors and folks seemed to be buying which is good for the vendors. parking wasn't a problem for me as I was there at opening each day and for its 1st year I thought it went really well, Hats off to Dave Hohiesel and his gang for pulling it off, already have dates for next year and another large room being added and I am looking forward to it! I did run into a bunch of the OGF guys and always glad to put a face on the name.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Anybody get a chance to stop by the Cincinnati Fishing Expo this weekend? What did you buy? Did you sit in on any of the panels or demonstrations?

I shot a little video of the Expo this weekend, in case anybody want to check out what it was like:

SPRING IS COMING
We went to the show on Saturday. Parking was a pain. We ended up in the South 40 to park. We did not buy anything but the prices were good for many things. If I was looking for a new rod, I seen many I would have considered. Lure selection was also very good. And prices were also good. We seen 4 seminars: Year round crappie with FishSlim, Rick Clunne Panoptics talk, Rus Baily crappie, and FishSlim saugeye jerkbait tactics. All talks were good, but seemed kinda short and not very indepth. I would have liked a more detailed discussion on each season for crappie fishing for example. Neither seminar was very informative. Mostly high level. Russ Baily also spoke about the Panoptics system. If you can afford it, get it, I will continue to use my current electronics until prices come down. But I will go again. It was good to get back into a fishing state of mind.

·
Registered
136 Posts
We had our Whitty Outdoors booth there. I thought it was a great show, especially for the first year! Dave brought in some great speakers. A few OGF guys stopped by and introduced themselves. We where setup close to the hog trough so I got to hear some of the seminars Friday and Sunday. Saturday it was so busy I couldn't hear much of the seminars.

I got the chance to talk with Brandon Coulter, David Dudley, Fred Roumbanis, and the General Larry Nixon! I didn't get the chance to talk with Rick Clunn.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Really enjoyed the show, glad they had a Cincy version. My son and I went Friday and caught Chris Souders and OSGs seminars. Wanted to hit Salmonids as well but had to leave before then. Brad has some awesome cranks and was very gracious in answering a couple GMR questions. Scored plastics on good deals from private makers, Zman, and Berkley. Grabbed a few more blades from Brian at CincyFisher. We had a great time. Really good to hear it's coming back next year.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 3yo son and I made it out on Saturday evening. Went specifically to listen to Fish Slim presentation. It was a great show. Picked up a new reel for my boy. Looking forward to spring. Heading out for Walleye and fly fishing for Steelhead this month.

·
AKA: JetboatJohnny
835 Posts
We had our Whitty Outdoors booth there. I thought it was a great show, especially for the first year! Dave brought in some great speakers. A few OGF guys stopped by and introduced themselves. We where setup close to the hog trough so I got to hear some of the seminars Friday and Sunday. Saturday it was so busy I couldn't hear much of the seminars.

I got the chance to talk with Brandon Coulter, David Dudley, Fred Roumbanis, and the General Larry Nixon! I didn't get the chance to talk with Rick Clunn.
Whitaker201 I was the cincy jet boat guy that stopped by to talk with you on Sunday. It was good talking to you at the show.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Really enjoyed the show, glad they had a Cincy version. My son and I went Friday and caught Chris Souders and OSGs seminars. Wanted to hit Salmonids as well but had to leave before then. Brad has some awesome cranks and was very gracious in answering a couple GMR questions. Scored plastics on good deals from private makers, Zman, and Berkley. Grabbed a few more blades from Brian at CincyFisher. We had a great time. Really good to hear it's coming back next year.
Thank you! My wife and I put a lot of work into them. I am happy to help out on the GMR where I can.

Whitaker201 I was the cincy jet boat guy that stopped by to talk with you on Sunday. It was good talking to you at the show.
I was good meeting you too. It is fun talking with another jet guy in this area!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts