close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anybody know anything about washing machines?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ParmaBass, Aug 8, 2007.

1. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

We're on our third one. It just keeps filling up, but it's not filling. Water runs, but it never fills up. Keep running and running. Getting ready to start smashing things, anybody have any ideas?

2. Do you have your drain tube positioned correctly?

I remember having that problem once and I had to run my drain tube so that it went up first and then down to the drain.

Here is a page that I found that explains what I mean...

http://www.applianceaid.com/faq-washers.html#filling

Good Luck

3. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

That sounds like what it's doing, but the drain tube is actually mounted to the back of the washer about 36" above the drain. I don't even hear it draining that's the weird thing. I'm sure it is, but I can't hear it.

We got a new washer a few months ago and we've had 3 replacements since. I'm starting to think it isn't the washer, but can't think of anything to try. I did try turning down the water pressure and that seemed to work for a few weeks, but now I'm back to square one.

Thanks, I thought I'd post something on here, seems like there are answers for all problems on here frequently.

4. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Try giving the Maytag repairman a call. He is always free according to the TV commercials:D :D

We remember having that problem some time a go with our machine, but it was only on the gentle cycle. The warranty was up so we just switched it back to the normal cycle and have not had a problem since. Good luck with it bud!