close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

anybody giong to Alum this weekend?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishnfool, Jul 25, 2007.

1. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

I'm picking my boat up from the shop this week and was thinking of going to Alum either Sat. or Sun. How has the fishing been anybody know anything?

2. fishintechnician

fishintechnician Amateur legend

i went out last friday didn't do much good 1 bass and 4 crappie all day. i'm heading out tommorow hopefully it will be alot better. last friday i fished in between howard road bridge and 36-37. i heard they've been catching most of them in between 36-37 and chesire rd so i'll try that in the morning if thats no good i'll probably head way down river and try for some cats. i'll keep u posted.

3. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

I've been fishing Alum 2-4 times a week....

Started out great... Lots of nice Cats, Crappie and Eyes... Within the last week or 2 everything has shut down....

We will get a few nice crappie here or there... and thats hit... Haven't seen an eye in 2 weeks.. or a decent catfish... Did come up with a 7 LB carp last weekend.

4. I may try Saturday AM. Have been getting into the crappie pretty well the last few weeks. These cooler than normal water temps have the bite going all summer. Fishslim has been getting his shallow ; I've been getting mine deeper, but it sounds like we're on very similar structure. The fish are there and willing, just keep looking & don't spend more than 10 or 15 minutes in a spot if you don't get into them.
    We also found crappie in the lower section of the lake, near the marina, so it's not just the section between 36/37 & Cheshire. Find the structure, find the cover on that structure, & they will be there. The thermocline seems to be around 15-17 feet, so very rarely should you have to fish any deeper than that.
    Good luck & happy hunting,
    Tim

5. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

If the weather cooperates this weekend I think I'll try some night fishing for saugeyes.I just don't understand why no one can pattern those big eyes,knowing there's some huge ones in there,at least nobody's talking about it.Any boby have any ideas?

6. jigg'in

jigg'in Flat Water

Went to alum with my 4 year old son this morning. Drifted the flats first picked up 2 small eyes and 4 crappie. Then went back to some coves and got 4 more crappie and one cat. All the crappie were 6-8 inches. Can't wait for a couple years Alum is gonna to be loaded with kepper crappie.

7. We should be there both days Sunday for sure. Blue and white Angler CC with Ttop. Say Hi if you see us. Brian

8. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

i will be staying at the state park till sun geting ready to leave now will have 3 perception green yaks and a canoe with us try a little fishing thanks for the tips gius i will post up when i get home..........jim

9. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

I'll be up there sat afternoon and eve. probably mostly between Cheshire and the damn area trying anything and everything.Will be in a deep v army green sea nymph,see ya there

10. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

the thermocline has dropped lower because of the cooler weather.

11. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

I will be out Saturday evening until dark. Black and silver Nitro. OGF sticker on the back. See y'all out there!

12. ovlo

ovlo

I will be out looking for cats saturday evening 14 ft gray alumicraft vhaul with indana tags. anybody got a spot or need one?

13. fishintechnician

fishintechnician Amateur legend

i might try my luck friday evening maybe try for some cats or try to get into the crappie after dark. hopefully the little ones go to bed and the big boys come out and play