Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hate my ford ,am going to look at the tundra's . tell me the good? bad? ugly? and the real mpg youve had with your new truck . thanks ,a ford hater!.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had a toyota tundra. A 2002, and my wife totaled it a year ago. that was a great truck and it ran really hard. my brother had a 05 silverado with a bigger engine, i smoked him. Not sure about the new ones, probably just as tough if not better.

·
your REEL friend
550 Posts
Bounty.... I have the new 07 Tundra doublecab 5.7 4X4 and LOVE it. Traded in the 05 Chevy Z71. I recently towed 21ft bassboat to Mosquito from North Olmsted and it was unbelievable on how nice it tows! The 5.7 comes standard with a 6 speed trans and what a differance it makes. Towing up a long upgrade on the pike the Tundra never blinked where my Chevy would be screaming! Guess the 401ft pds of tourque is to thank for that. Estimated gas mileage per sticker reads 14 city 18 highway.....have not tracked it personally though but do get much better while towing due to the increased horsepower/torque than the Chevy 5.3 . Love the tailgate also with the assist open/close, just pull the handle and let go! The gate drops slow without any hands on. I do miss my steering wheel controls for audio etc as the Chevy had, but that's the only thing. Recently 2 other previous Ford owners just purchased the Tundra and they LOVE it also, and they had no problems with their Fords, just fell in love with the drive!
PM me with any other questions you may have. I can also arrange a "loaner" to drive for a day or two!

·
Defensor Fortis
4,374 Posts
The salesman called today. My Yota 4x4 Tundra will be available for pickup Monday morning! :D

·
your REEL friend
550 Posts
Dealing with BOTH Toyota and Nissan, I'd say one is a good vehicle and one is a great truck! If your looking for a truck take them both for a test drive, compare power, payload, powertrain, structural components, frame, hitch etc... and Toyota's great resale value! The Tundra is truely amazing;) The Titan does have eye appeal:eek:

·
Catch Photo And Release
2,172 Posts
Mine is supposed to be here mid may. cant wait. I got 5.7L slate metallic with trd off road package. Toyota is offering good financing right now too.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
My boss just got a Tundra 07,has only had it a few days but he says it has the power he was looking for. He's always been a Ford or Chevy man but hasn't been satisfied with either lately. He did mention he could see his gas gauge go down quicker but so far he likes it even though it's only been a few days. It's also a 4x4.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,374 Posts
My boss just got a Tundra 07,has only had it a few days but he says it has the power he was looking for. He's always been a Ford or Chevy man but hasn't been satisfied with either lately. He did mention he could see his gas gauge go down quicker but so far he likes it even though it's only been a few days. It's also a 4x4.

He may have seen it go down quicker because maybe his Ford has a bigger gas tank. My 150 has a 37.5 gal tank compared to the Tundra's 26.4 gal tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts