close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anybody doing any canning yet?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by atrkyhntr, Aug 14, 2004.

1. My cuz's wife sent me some blackberry jelly and other canned goods...
    Been a long time since I've done any canning...
    Anyone?

2. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

How about a cooking,canning,smoking, your recipes forum? Never did any canning before but would love to hear some procedures and tips on it. Raider<><>

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Yep, Ive done some pickles (bread and butter and froggy's dills--still waiting for them to ferment) and am waiting for tomatos to redden for homemade salsa. Also gonna can a hot pepper mustard!

And if there are enough hot peppers leftover Im gonna do my hot pepper medley.

And if there are tomatoes leftover im gonna do something with them too.

Im a relative newcomer to canning, this is my 3rd season. My garden is only 10'x15' but its productive as heck. (and packed pretty tightly with plants) I love it. I dont have a big yard.

For anyone interested in trying canning, buy the "Ball Blue Book". Its only like 5 bucks and it tells you all you need to know to get started. Ball is a company that makes canning supplies (jars, etc.)

You might be able to find it at the library also. Ive found a lot of other good canning books at the library.