Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading there for a few days the third week of August. Rivers and streams are supposed to be full of trout...which I've never fished for and I don't fly fish. Any tips on catching trout in rivers and streams on spinning gear? Also, big natural lake there (Lake Blue Ridge)...anybody fished it? All I know is its extremely clear and deep.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mickey. Yeah, gonna get it online before I go, and a trout stamp. Only $10 and I think they have a 3-day license. Don't really want to buy an annual license for a weekend!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Also double check when you park your car. Most state run areas in Ga. require a day permit to park. You can get them right in park. I have fished a lot in norteast Ga., not sure were Blue Ridge lake is???

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's about north dead straight. Right in the middle and dead north of Atlanta, just south of the Tennessee border, heart of the Applachians. Wild! Can't wait!

·
Registered
793 Posts
It's about north dead straight. Right in the middle and dead north of Atlanta, just south of the Tennessee border, heart of the Applachians. Wild! Can't wait!

I looked the lake up on map-quest. Wow, I know why you "can't wait".
I have been going down that way for years and years. We go a few miles farther along on Rt.64 into N.Carolina and then head south thru Blairsville Ga. and into White county Ga. (town of Helen). That is were the Chattahoochee river begins in the mountains. :G If you get a chance take a drive that way. I don't tell to many "yankee's" about it.;) Have fun!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts