close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

any1 know where i can find a fly fishing class?

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by pwrmaster7, Aug 19, 2008.

1. in the cleveland area? i really would like to learn for the upcoming trout season and be able to go down with my dad to the river and have some fun. Thanks for any advice you can give.

2. My advice, for what its worth, would be to hire a good guide and fish the rivers you plan to hit with him. This may cost more $ than a class, if you can find one, but not only will you get one on one instruction, you will actualy fish, not just class type stuff. Just tell the guy (or gal) what it is you hope to get out of the trip and I am sure they would be glad to help.

This is exactly what I did when I firt started fishing then North Carolina area I now goto often. I think it was the best $ I ever spent on fly fishing.

3. First, I would contact all fly shops and ask if they do it, or if they could recommend someone. I would also suggest contacting Mad River Outfitters here in C-bus and ask if they have any suggestions. They do offer individual and group classes. Or you might try contacting Graham at http://www.tallmanoutfitters.com/
    He lives in Gambier I think which is closer to you. Hope this helps.

4. I agree that time on the water is invaluable, though if you have never used a fly rod then I would certainly take a class first to get down the basics and then get a guide. Mad River Outfitters here in Columbus could certainly help though they are a ways from you. Much closer for you would be Chagrin River Outfitters in Chagrin Falls

5. I agree with Mike...They are really nice folks in that shop. It's right off the main drag just north of the Chagrin River. In my experience, we are blessed with really great & helpful fly shops in Ohio. You really can't go wrong with any of them.
    Mike

6. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe (stcroixjoe)

rodmakers in strongsville has a class or a club here's the number (440) 572-0400

7. have you tried the shop in Shefield lake off 611 and 90 or jeff in Brunswick just south of boston rd on 42