Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one fished mogadore for crappie yet? I am pretty sure it will be a couple more weeks before they turn on. Any imput would be great. Thanks. -Kyle

·
Registered
1 Posts
My buddy and I went out there this past weekend for about 4 hrs each day and didn’t catch any. The cold front killed the bite completely. Will be out there over the next few weeks checking it all out.

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
Maybe three weeks back, during one of our “early” warmups, these were caught(20-self imposed limit) “larger than average“ ones in 8 fow that were relating to submerged wood but on the deeper(main lake) side of the structure.(They were there only one day.)That’s abt all I can divuldge since I didn’t catch them.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Those aren't dogwoods. I have 2 dogwoods in my yard and they have not bloomed yet. They are close though!

·
just 1 more cast!!!
2,507 Posts
I've caught nothing but big gills from shore...not one crappie in shallow or where I was fishing drop offs. I was surprised to say the least. Mogadore had me stumped last year as well.

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
Allwaz, I had that happen at Wft few years ago. Big(yes, Big!), brown, hump-necked, male(no females!) gills all “squirting” at my favorite shoreline with brush(fishing for crappie)! I kept around 18 or 20, could have filled my basket! Needless to say, wasn’t Too unhappy abt it!! Actually, no “spawning“ crappie were caught there(Wft) that year, by me at least. Year before, and years after, they were always there?!

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
I've caught nothing but big gills from shore...not one crappie in shallow or where I was fishing drop offs. I was surprised to say the least. Mogadore had me stumped last year as well.
Last year was a weird year with it being so cold all spring. When the water did finally warm up and we had one great 70 degree weekend, the crappie were on fire all over Mogadore!!! Caught them on the inside weed edges in many different places. On a friday afternoon, I got 15 in one spot. The next morning, I came back in my boat. There were 3 guys fishing there all ready and they all had baskets of fish. My dad got there 2 hours before me and had his basket full! The bite was still good for us, but we had to move around and caught a few crappie at almost every spot on the inside weed edges during the middle of the day. Ended up with at least 24 in the 10-11" range. After that weekend, they were done spawning.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Went from shore yesterday, nothing but little perch. Even the regulars struggled. Was decent a couple weeks ago but seems the fronts has a lot of places slow (at least for me) thankfully may is around the corner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts