Any winter action around Kent/Ravenna?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tbarnby, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Hey, have any of you guys been out to the Milton spillway lately? I have never fished it in the winter, but now that hunting season is winding down, and Kent is off for Christmas, I'm getting rather stir crazy. I guess I'd also like to know if anything is going on anyhwere else around the Kent/Ravenna area.
    Thanks ahead of time!

2. Pikedaddy

Pikedaddy just catch 'em'

I was at Milton a few days ago . It is to full of shad right now .

3. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

When i was at Kent State in the late 90's I used to catch a lot of bass at mogadore but not in the winter. Fall and spring mostly. I would walk the trail across from the baitshop and cast light weight carolina rigs with 4 and 6" lizzards out as far as I could and drag them back in. We caught a lot of bass and quite a few nice ones in the 2 to 4lb range but lots of 12 to 13 inchers. On windy days we would get a few on spinnerbaits along the laydowns. Just some info if you are a student like i was looking for a place to fish.

4. AK47

AK47

Not to sound dumb or anything but where exactly is the Lake Milton spillway located? also Where is Berlin Lakes spillway located? Thanks in advance.

5. I was at Milton spillway on Wednesday at 3pm til dark. Nothing, but dead shad. I had on the waders and I ventured down stream hitting little holes along the way and never got bit. Needs a little more flow in my opinion and another two months.