close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any Updates On The Cuyahoga River?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Sluggo, Oct 26, 2004.

1. I have been out of town awhile on work. Has anyone been fishing the cuyahoga river recently? If so, would you care to share what you have been catching, where, with what, and that kind of info? It would be greatly appreciated. I have heard all of the great stories of the 'hoga' but have had little luck on the river myself. I am focusing all of my time to learning the river and fishing it. I fell in love with it when I fished it for the first time this summer. Any help and/or advice is well appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sluggo

2. Since you asked....I just happened to be in the valley yesterday and decided to try a deep hole just downstreem from the composting facility. I have never fished this area before and was just curious about it. Well I was throwing a 1/8 oz chartruse and white spinnerait and caught the best fish all year from the river for me. It was probably 17 or 18 inches and very fat and healthy. No more fish or even strikes in the next half hour and I had to leave.

Consequently this fish came only about 24 hours after catching the biggest smallie of my life in the Kyte river in Illinois ( I was there for Work). This fish came on a buzzbait and at first light. Probably approached five pounds and like me much of it around the middle ha ha.

This is a great time to fish the Hoga. Beautiful scenery, aggressive fish and many times no other people.

Good luck

Brett

3. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

When ever I get a chance to fish the hoga, I either try my luck at the 3 parks in Kent, or the WaterWorks area in Munroe Falls, or Edison Reservoir. This time of year the pike are more active because of the colder weather, but as of 2 weeks ago, they were mostly still in deeper water, but probably have moved up in shallower holes by now.

I would love to try different areas, but haven't scouted anywhere really. I have heard people talk about areas in the national park but do not know where I could park for access. I was thinking of trying to park at the lot reserved for the blue heron viewing area on Bath rd (or whatever road that is). But I do not know if there are any decent areas for Pike/smallmouth near there. Another area I have been wanting to try is the vincinity of where the Little hoga empties into the main river. I assume the Cascade valley park off of Memorial Parkway might be a good place to park. Is the little hoga and are where it meets the big hoga a good place for fishing too? Is it legal to be on shore there? And also, what kind of walk is it?

Any help will be appreciated. As soon as I get ris of this chest cold I have had for over a week, I will try these areas out.

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

long walk, and that's where the water quality declines. not sure about legality, but I know it's surounded by private property. there are many places to park in the valley, all the parks have lots.

5. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

Fished the lower reaches in the Nat'l. Park yesterday with the
    creekcrawlerette. Slow to say the least, not even a small smallie!
    I figured the smallies would be gattin' on the fall feed, but it wasn't happenning.