Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have never used braid, but thinking about it. i will more than likely use Stren but is Ugly braid any good, or any others better?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I have used Stren braid as well as their old product Superbraid with Kevlar and like them but now use Power Pro. Cheaper and no difference that I can tell. Dicks Had it on sale also, saw it Thursday. Not a fan of Spiderwire (more problems with abrasion than others) and Fireline bleeds color when wet (at least on my hands it does). Just my .02$.

Huntinbull

·
Registered
979 Posts
i really like powerpro. it casts great, doesn't tangle. looking forward to using it down in florida when we go trout and red fishing. every now and again you will get a tarpon or shark and they snap 12 lb. test like nothing. i think the 12 lb dia. powerpro is rated 50 or 65lb. i'm curious to see how it works.

·
Super Moderator
3,925 Posts
power pro!

it is so slick it peels off the reel like a rocket!!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I'm a Fireline guy myself. It does bleed on my hands as mentioned before...but that isn't a good enough reason for me to stop using it. Haven't used it yet, but I would imagine that the Fireline Crystal would solve the "bleeding" dilemma.

·
Livin' the moontime
846 Posts
Power Pro !!!!! I have two reels with 5 year old Power Pro on them. Stuff lasts forever.
Have Sufix braid on a couple other reels and am very impressed.

oh, had to edit....
If the 'Ugly Braid' is made by Shakespeare......I'd avoid it like all their other products.
sorry Ugly Stik fans :D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I mostly troll for walleyes. Used the Ugly Braid on one rod the two times I've been out. Mostly use Power Pro and have it on 4 rods. Could not see any difference between them in this short trial period. Will continue test.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts