Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my wife are going to be staying in elyria this weekend and suggestions would be greatly appreciated on where to go would be really cool if the wife could catch a steelhead was going to float fish a jig and maggot unless I should try something else or if anyone wants to meet up Saturday or Sunday let me know thanks adam

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
466 Posts
Going to be real low and clear if we don't get a good amount of rain, and if we get the rain we need it'll be high, muddy and potentially dangerous, if you get out and it's still low and clear I'd try something small or a single egg under the float in the deepest holes you can find. Hope it works out for you.

·
respect our rivers please
2,669 Posts
Fairport Harbor on the Grand River. Spoons or jig/maggot combo under a float. Rivers are really low and not many fish in at the moment. If you have the need to wade the rivers it should be easy wading but fish might not cooperate so much at the moment.

Long and short walls at the mouth of the Grand River will give you the best opportunity to hook into some hot chrome.

Good luck out there!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What size spoons should I use 2/5 ounce also should I bring my steelhead rod for spoons or just a regular 6'6" medium action thanks adam

·
Do work son.
326 Posts
What size spoons should I use 2/5 ounce also should I bring my steelhead rod for spoons or just a regular 6'6" medium action thanks adam

Whhhhheeeeeew boy. have fun with that 6'6"!

i have a 7' and that barely holds up sometimes

·
Catch bait???
4,018 Posts
If you're wading the rivers, use flies that aren't as colorful. This way when you drift through the pods they won't see it coming before you snag them in the anal fin! If you go with something bright you can almost hear them saying "ohhhhh no" as they swim out of the way.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I better take my steelhead rod then anything else I should bring lure wise I was thinking some rooster tails also

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We hit the rocky, grand, and the v didn't see any fish and hardly any fisherman but ya can't catch em if ya don't try thanks for all the tips guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts