close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any Tigers Fans?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by fishingredhawk, May 6, 2005.

1. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Bobby Higginson is the biggest rip off in baseball. He is the highest paid player on the Tigers at $8.5 million a year. He only starts about half of their games. Right now he is batting .077, 1 RBI and 6 hits on the season. Why on earth would they have given this guy such a huge contract. He had one decent season a few years back (when he was most likely juicing), and now the guy plays like a high school bench warmer.

2. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

We have a guy like that here, his name is Ken Cancer, er, Griffey, Jr.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

He's right Higginson is a waste. I dont even think his "Big Year" was that big, at least not to demand the kind of $ he got. I think the Yankees were about to get him before he stayed w/ the Tigers, right?

4. catking

catking Banned

I used to love Detroit... back in the 60's ......... They had some great teams...... THE CATKING !!! :)

5. I lived in Detroit in the late 60's and lived and died with that team. Signing Bobby Higgenson was more of a PR move. They were losing fans by the thousands and he was a real popular guy up there at the time.
    They're doing a little better now, but they've still got a long way to go. The owner seems to be spending a little money on the team now that the Red Wings are shut down.