close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any thoughts on Champion Boats?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by lesteratv, Mar 28, 2005.

1. I recently sold my Hydra Sports 175E. The ole gal has served me well for the past ten years. Attached is a photo of her replacement.

[​IMG]

This lovely lady is a 1998 Champion 203 Elite with Evinrude 225 motor. Any thoughts on this boat and motor? I would like to hear comments/stories from other Champ owners.

Look forward to seeing everyone at the 2005 OGF Crappie Open

:D

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I bought mine new in 1997 and would buy another one before any other boat. NEVER had a problem with it at all. Great ride, great speed, great handling.

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I know two guys that have them. They will buy nothing else. I've fished in them and they are awesome boats. Congrats on the new boat.

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Sweet rig!

I've fished out of Dale's a few times, and was way impressed. His screams with a 150 on it.

5. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

That is one sweeeeeeet ride! Congrats!!!

6. In my opinion their is not a better handling boat

7. Lester-

I have seen more folks come back for a new Champion than any other rig this year. The rough water handling is a particular area of interest for most.

Many folks putting 5 blade props on them and just thrilled. Loose some top end, but make up for it in any cornering maneuvers. Eats Lake Erie waves like a ship and runs a river system like a rollercoaster on mangnetic rails.

They even get to sit aside Stratos boats in the same production plant... makes it that much more attractive! :D

Nip
    www.dobass.com

8. I'm on my 2nd champion in 15 years I have no complaints at all, would buy another in a heartbeat
    They are great on erie but that lake can be rough on all bass boats.
    congrats on the new family member she'll serve you well
    geowol

9. Lester Welcome to the Champion Family. Great looking boat hope you have as much fun with yours has I have with mine. Remember you rake care of her and she will take care of you. Good Luck and Great Fishing.

Champion184