close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any shooting happening?

Discussion in 'Bowfishing' started by ReadHeaded Hunter, Apr 26, 2016.

1. ReadHeaded Hunter

ReadHeaded Hunter Catchin eyes

Water is warming up and it's getting close to that magical time! Who's been out shooting some fish?

2. We haven't been out yet but I have noticed while bass fishing the bays at sundown recently that they are moving in shallow. Have seen a few boats out at night lately. We're not set up for night shooting, (lights) but will be getting out here real soon.

3. I will be here in two weeks when you get home from South Carolina !!!! Saw a few moving up into smaller creeks the other night after work. Need to throw the bow in the truck & knock the cobwebs off.

4. Saw a few at Caesars Creek two weeks ago, but we were crappie fishing.

5. Brent, we usually try to keep a bow in the boat this time of year while crappie / saugeye fishing ; never know when a spawn ball is going to show up & you have to be ready !!

6. Saw a boat out last night in our bay with a lot of yellow lights, heard a lot of hootin and hollerin,, must have been doing good. We haven't seen any yet shallow while fishing, at least in daylight. Very odd.

7. Yeah I had my bow, just a little rusty!!

8. WIsh I ahd brought my bow last night at Alum. The carp were everywhere. I could easily shot at over 50 carp. Under one tree alone I saw 30-40 carp. They were just floating right under neath the surface. I could use my trollng motor and get as close as 2' frpm them. I was fishing the middle section at Alum.

9. I like hearing that, Chopiq !! Were you there after dark or is this in the evening?? We've taken a few out of there already this year, but would love to get out again in the next week or so.

10. IMG_0720.jpg I was there between 3 and 8 pm. I mostly fished the west side in the coves near the island. Heres one that actually hit a swim bait. I wear a size 11 shoe. Lot bigger ones then this one.

11. There are lots of carp in there the size of the one you have & a fair number of bigger ones. Don't think we've ever taken one over 18 lbs out of there, but I'll bet there are some in there that big. I'll bet that was a surprise when it hit that swim !!

12. Scum_Frog

Scum_Frog Set The Hook`

Whoever wants to kill some carp and Gar get into east harbor noowwwwww....was there monday morning and OMG were they everywhere!!!! Monsters!