Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Frinks Run Taxidermy
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody puttin' up any numbers? I'm sittin' at 20 turtles but I'd be at about 27 if my hooks didn't bend. I set bank lines on a springy limb almost exclusively and most of the turtles either swallow the hook or get hooked on the side of the mouth...its those ones that get hooked in the roof of the mouth I'm guessin that are giving me fits.

What hooks are you guys using specifically with good results?

·
Frinks Run Taxidermy
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they look good...but expensive!!!! Any idea where to get them in bulk? I checked google and everything I saw were packs of 6.

thanks for the help!

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,056 Posts
I've seen 20 packs on eBay. But their gammys, so your gonna pay for them and even if they are cheap, youll pay in shipping. I don't ever set more than 8 or 10 lines anyhow so 2- 6 packs do me just fine, I go to gander Mtn and just pick up a pack every now and then. $4 a pack. I also reuse them because they resharpen real nice. I've been using the same hooks for catfishing too, really, the same ones I turtle with, I know I've got hooks that have caught a turtle and a catfish.lol.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I like gamakatsu 4/0 octopus, i haven't had one straighten out yet.
same here, the only bad thing is that they swallow them most of the time, so you have to wait to clean the turtle to get yer hook back

·
Registered
986 Posts
they look good...but expensive!!!! Any idea where to get them in bulk? I checked google and everything I saw were packs of 6.

thanks for the help!
http://www.bottomdwellerstackle.com/hooks.htm

50 hooks for like $10-12
25 hooks for $5-6

The bottomdwellers version is made by gamakatsu (or the same factory?) as I'm told. I have bundles of both and couldn't tell you the difference, side by side the same hooks, cept for the price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts