close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any saugeye action at Alum?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishnfool, Jul 6, 2007.

1. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

I'm taking my boat out for the first time tomorrow to Alum. I was hoping to hear that they were still biting good, havent heard much latley, please tell me they're killen em. If not eyes something else

2. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

I'm new to the Saugeye fishing world.. and I've only gotten 2 in the last 2 weeks of fishing up there.... Both came on 1/8oz jigs with white twister tails.. slow rolled on the bottom...

Came out of the deeper water out by 36/37

3. Boys, pick up a couple 2 ounce bottom bouncers and pull crawler harnesses with two hooks in and around 13 feet this time of year. I never fish North of the causeway. Put in down by the dam, fish the beach and other areas across the lake at the depth I mentioned. Some summers you can limit out any time of the day. You will catch a variety of fish too. This is very good Alum advice. Remember, sometimes 13' is way out there. Use braided line to REALLY feel the bottom.

4. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Just got back from Alum tonight.... Fish for about 3 hours... Till Dark...

Got 2 more 16" Eyes on white 3" twisters.

Got 7 catfish smallest being 15" largestest up to 25" and probably 8 lbs! (picture later)

Also landed 2 nice Largemouth Bass biggest was 15" and 2lbs.

And 3 crappie all 3 were 9+ inches...

We took home the crappies, cats and eyes.. Gonna eat them up Friday before we head back out.