Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plan on luanching from lorain tomorrow morning for a quick-back before noon- trip, so I'd rather not make the 17 mile bouy run if it isn't needed. Has anyone had any success at say the 35 -17 -+ area? AKA only half way to the bouy?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
156 Posts
Went to the south end of the bar yesterday. Only out for a short late afternoon trip. Worked 31/17 to 29/15 ish and picked up 2 wallies. And two sheep's and a yellow perch... absolutely no shortage of marks, but not a lot of action. 2 oz inlines 70 back with Colorado's in blueberry muffin took them both. GPS speed 1.3-1.5. Only had two worms sucked off the whole three hours we were out. So lots of marks+not many bait stealers+cleaner water=more relaxing fishing. Imho. Of course... we also only left with two walleye...

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, lake was nice so we snded up running to the bouy but only got 3 eyes. Started out great with 2 fish within 20 mins but then we couldn't get them going again. Took the last fish several miles south of the bouy...maybe 15 sheep and 30+ lil' fishies. Hoped for better but have done worse. Radio sounded like a lot of people were struggling and a few had decent fish.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same for us, went out to the south end yesterday. Marked a ton with only 2 eyes to show for. A 28"er and a 20". A couple more pull backs and few sheep mixed in. Both eyes came on grape ape and barbie RRs 80 back and 55 with a 50 jet. Both sheep hit a purple/pink spoon.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Walleye Killer
507 Posts
We fished about 2 miles north of the Lorain break wall Saturday and Sunday. Both days we caught 4 eyes. Each day we caught a 28" fish as well. Casting harness, a-lot of action with the trash fish. I would say that the area is still holding fish since we only fished about 4 hours each day.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Fished the 33/18 area today and ended with 7. Decent marks but could get the sheep to stay off. Speed was 2.5 big spoons did best. I have to guess we caught over 30 sheep with just the 2 of us.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Went out on Sunday trolled for about an hour trying to find a walleye program that would work and our boat breaks down. Engine wont restart. Had to call for a tow and while waiting one person gets sea sick...ugh

Turns out it was bad points (they were just replaced 2 weeks prior). But replaced the points and coil and we will back next week. We may consider changing over to electic start to avoid that point issue again.

I guess a Newbie is always learning

1 - 8 of 8 Posts