close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

any safe Punderson ice?

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by hardwaterfan, Jan 27, 2005.

1. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Im thinking about maybe trying this lake this weekend.

Any recent ice reports would be very much appreciated!

2. what a cowincedence (doent thenk i spalled thet wright) lol. i was their today just got back fished their from 3-6 didnt do good untill someone told us that their was a spot out their. i was able to walk all the way across the lake caught some nice gills and than we left because our feet got cold and we could not stand it any more but i dont care i can walk there if i wanted to(about a 2-4 minuet drive for me.

ps. bring eather a heater or a foot warmer

3. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

Peple,
    How's the ice? Solid? Did you get into some gills? Crappie? I was told someone got at least one trout out of there Sunday.

4. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

hey peple thats what this site is all about....i figured maybe someone would know! thanks for the update.

5. steely
    the ice is iffy in some parts of the lake ex. 2 inches of ice some water and than another 2 inches and in ohters it is a solid 4-5 inches. i got some gills no crappie. i dont think anyone did good at all on sunday.but ill be out their today whearing a bright orange outfite with a mad bommar hat on

6. Dingo

Dingo

That's pretty typical for Punderson. I stay away from the boathouse for that reason. Have seen someone fall in there when the ice further down the lake was quite thick. Being a spring fed lake, could be some rather important springs in that area. It seems like the ice in that area is normally iffy. I prefer to go in at the beach and fish from the point to the left of the beach across the lake to the little bay (corner) across the lake.

7. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

Dingo....please stop giving away my fishing spots :( ;)....that's where we usually fish during the rest of the season :)

8. Dingo

Dingo

Sorry, just trying to help a brotha' out. Most don't want to take that walk across the lake anyway. If we can keep folks away from the questionable ice around the marina (and small pond that feeds that area), sending them elsewhere is a benefit.