Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lake was supposedly stocked in 2007, so if they made it, they should be a decent size now, but I have not heard of anyone catching any?

Can anyone chime in?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a private 550 acre+ lake in Rock creek ohio(44084), stocked plenty with crappie and bass.
Bad thing is, you need to know someone that is a member or pays the dues to the community there to fish.

138 Posts
we cant fish there its private i know some people but havent talked to them in a while hope to in the not too distant futurebut got to wait until a 65 mustang convertable comes about?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I talked to the guy that works at gateway in andover and he said he talked to someone that caught one that was 17''. but thats all i heard. I was out there on the other day and they said his friend caught a 34'' pike in there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
my friend's family had property there back in the day...a lot of bass and yes, there is pike. My buddy had one smash his bobber when we were kids...about peed himself :D

·
Konfused Kayaker
5,182 Posts
Got some friends that live there, been dying to get out on the ice there.
Not many people fish it, and most are going for bass.

·
The Lucky One
2,130 Posts
Boy do I miss that place. I owned a piece of property there, but sold it when I bought my home on Lake Rockwell. Of course, the only reason I had the was land was so I could fish there, what a great fishery......Mark

·
Registered
944 Posts
Great lake, I caught my very first fish there (a Lm bass) when I was four. We knew some people that owned a piece of land on it. Big crappie there too

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah...we would fish off the dock and throw double-jointed rapalas and hammer the largemouth all day. I've seen 5+ lb.ders caught. :B

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've been fishing there since 1968 when my folks built a home there(one of the first). Both my sisters currently own homes on the lake, I just recently sold my lots there. I used to catch an occasional small walleye about 10 years ago. They never really caught on there. There is a resident population of eyes that make a spring run up rock creek to the dam. They live all year round in the Grand River. Caught many in the Grand; have not fished the Roaming Shores dam area as the roaming shores police chase you off.
I have not ice fished there this year (yet) but always did well with bluegills and crappie in the knowlton rd entry arm of the lake.

·
Registered
83 Posts
yes, that would be plum creek, all i caught threw the ice there was blue gill and bass, no crappie. :( but when spring hits they will be destroyed. haha

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have fished their for a long time now and never hooked eye. My uncle has had a place their since the late 60's. The crappie fishing is great though. Stealcrappie, maybe we can meet up some time.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have fished their for a long time now and never hooked eye. My uncle has had a place their since the late 60's. The crappie fishing is great though. Stealcrappie, maybe we can meet up some time.
Yes, That would be great man. Here is my number. Give me a call sometime
440-344-0886. The neames nick. its almost time

1 - 20 of 20 Posts