any reports on hargus lake recently

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Danshady, Aug 14, 2008.

1. has anyone been catchin any largemouths on hargus lately...i had some pretty good success on there in early july but havent been back in a month. is there a ton of boats on it pretty much on a daily basis?

2. CreekFloater

CreekFloater Have Water, Will Fish

DanShady: I hit Hargus today and YES, it does get alot of fishing pressure. However, there is alot of weedy structure around the lake that hides the fish better than most have the patience to work for to catch. I managed to pull in six Lm's today, all but one was small. The big fellow just tore up a black culprit worm and ran 2'9" on my digital scale. As always, he is back where he came from for someone else to entice.

3. ah nice catch...yea there is so many weeds there, and i have been there flippin b4 and had boaters go right around me throwing spinners or cranks, of which ive never had much luck there with, but flippin the weeds has def. been the best practice for me there!

4. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

two feet nine inches?!!?! holy carp that is a big basss!

5. CreekFloater

I hope that you never make a mistake in your life lest someone points it out to you. I would rather you just have said nice catch instead of being a smart donkey. I was referring to the weight!

6. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

my sarcasm, you missed it! ;)

I would hope anyone would point out any mistakes I make to me!

7. cmon guys...one lil misprint n typing..big deal...i dont even know the symbols for lbs. and ozs anyways. besides the fact this is a fishing report, not a typing or spelling class! and once again another thread is attempted to be hijacked and turned nto something this site is not supposed to be!. one of these days...of which it has already started to happen, some of the accomplished fisherman that i know of in central ohio and of whom belong to this site rarely even post their success anymore, and all the lurkers and bankers and novice fisherman are no longer enjoying the benefits and knowledge of these guys posts because of the way things have been on here lately!
    creekflaoter, thank you for an actual fishing report, im appreciative of your input on hargus lake, i will return you some good info when get down there next!

8. CreekFloater

Thank you Danshady! This is why most of the time I hesitate to post on these type forums. I usually just read, learn and go on. However, when I think I have something to offer, I will post as I did in response to your question. I do take pride in being gramatically correct and all, but what purpose does it serve for anybody to bash anybody about anything when they are trying to offer input. Oh well, life goes on and so does my fishing. I am off to Dale Hollow this week for some fun, sun and chasing whatever will follow my casts. Good Luck at Hargus and wherever. Retirement suits me fine and I am not going to sweat the small stuff.

9. stumpsitter

stumpsitter Regular Guy

Geez...why are people so thin skinned?

10. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

My boy did well there today, bass on tubes and rubber worms working the banks.