close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any R/C Fans out there(Remote Control that is)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RiverRat, Jul 17, 2005.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Just wondering if any one else gets in R/C cars & trucks too?

Ive been playing around with R/C's since my teens and have now hooked my sons on them too. Lots of good clean fun....

We have quite a few electric and nirto cars & trucks :
    Electric:1/10 scale
    Traxxas Bandit, Traxxas Stampede, Tamiya Clodbuster(w/MANY upgrades).

Nirto:1/10 & 1/8 scale
    Traxxas Nitro Rustler(old version w/pro .15), 2005 Traxxas Revo, 1/8 Ofna Ultra Worlds GT (w/.27) , 2005 Tamiya XBG (W/.12), 2005 Kyosho FW-05T (w/.15).

We are now looking at the HPI Savage 25 & 4.6 SS..the 25 will be for my boys only upgrade will be reverse & 3 speed trans., i plan on building the 4.6 SS tricked out with all alum. & titanium parts..plus upgrading to the truckzilla 5 hp. motor.

Nothing better than the smell of 30% nitro in the morning..lol

Scott

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i was looking to get into intro awhile ago myself.. let me know how it goes man..

3. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

R/C cars are a blast man...my FW-05T has a .15 size motor ,2 speed trans. and 4 wheel drive, i out drag raced my buddys Traxxas Jato thats advertised to do 55+mph out of the box....after about the 10th race, he gave up..lol.

The monster trucks are even more fun because you can run on and off road and they sure are fun to jump off of ramps.

I did have my eye on a Traxxas nitro vee haul boat...but i could see that getting sunk by me..lol.

Scott

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I used ti be into them. IN Huber Heights there was an indoor dirt track, thats been several years ago. It's a High School Boosters Club now. :( Again this was several years ago. I had a truck that was great, but seems like I was needing new back "dogbones" every week.

5. I have a tank and I bought my dad a boat.

Are we into it? Not really, it is a fun toy to play around with every now and then.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I'm hoping that my 6 year old gets into them, as it will be a way for me to get back into it!!!! :D

7. Slikster

Slikster Shore Bound

I won a r/c air plane from a hobby store a few years ago. I loved it. Unfortunately though, the low end electric planes can only stay in the air for 10 minutes or less. And the gas models cost too much. Especially when you consider the possibility that at any moment it can come crashing to the ground.

8. crappielooker

i used to be into any scales models that have wheels, slotcars being one of them.. i know speed when i raced these thing.. awesome to watch and control these car zippin on 125ft track in less than 3 seconds.. :)
    speakin of R/C dragster, my buddy got a 1/4 scale of the top fuel model.. maaan .. this thing can burn rubber.

9. I used to be really into them. Like when I was about 13 I was building my own gas motor cars. But then I got older started working and then started to chase the girls. Never really got back into it.

10. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

AK, 1/4 scale is AWSOME..dragsters in that scale are 7ft long.....and run around $2k+.

Heck, R/C's are cheaper than women...lol. and a lot less hassel.

Only other hobby i have besides fishing is R/C's....if i aint working its one of those two things im doing. Its getting worse with age too...more money i make, the better the "toys" get..lol.

Scott

11. I have been into cars for a LONG time only have 1 right now a Tmax,cars are a lot of work keeping clean!I have many planes(lots of crashed ones to) and about 10 boats all nitro.They are all fun if you have the money :)

12. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

I have a few sitting on the book shelves behind me. I have a hopped up HPI Nitro RS4 2 (upgraded to Racer 2 spec), an HPI Nitro Rush that I got off ebay for cheap, a hopped up Kyosho Mini-Z (the original one), and an ancient Kyosho Inferno 10 that my uncle gave me years ago (this thing is impossible to keep running and parts are probably not even available anymore). I need to get some new engines. All the ones I have are discontinued, and I can't get piston and sleeve kits anymore. I guess they can sit on the shelf a bit longer :)

13. crappielooker

tim.. i'll ask my friend for some parts for you if you want.. he may have them laying around somewhere..
    speaking of scale model dragster.. back in '90-'91 me and my buddy build a scaled down 1/8th mile dragstrip to fit in the winston racing team trailer.. they got some cars from us that ran .7second on that track.. pretty slow by racing standard but its pretty amazing to see.. if you went to drag races back then, i'm sure you have seen our work.. :) maan, those were fun times..

14. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

I'm suprised that CrappieLooker doesnt have a R/C boat to drag his corn to those hard to reach spots :C

15. Hooch

Hooch Fare Thee Well!

They are selling a R/C boat that is set up to drop off your bait. You can cruise it up to 500 feet away, drop your bait in w/o a splash and when the fish aren't biting, you have a boat to play around with. If I fished for catfish near hydro dams, I would have one of these for sure! It would be good for Antrim lake though!! -Hooch-

16. The boat Hooch is talking about has a weedeater engine in it.They are nice because of the clutched prop,not very fast though :(

17. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

AWSOME..glad to see there are others out there.

Tim i figured you'd have an HPI that matched your zoomin 3 ?...lol..a Nitro 3 Evo or Super Nirto would be sweet!

Truck, yea the T-Maxx is an awsome truck...upgrades are unlimited, ive drove my fair share of them. The Revo we have is th lastest greatest new truck by Traxxas and its going to as popular if not more than the T-Maxx.

Im going to step up to 1/8 scale and into big block monster trucks, just ordered an HPI Savage 25 limited edition that just hit the market...cant wait to tear up some dirt with it.

Scott

18. crappielooker

i like the purple anodized engine part on that HPI.. slick looking truck indeed..

19. same thing with me. I had a hopped up Team Losi GTX with almost every upgrade you could get and a Traxxus something with a .15

sold them both, all my gear, and radios for $500

P.S. I have a 100% stock down to the tires and electrnoics Clod Buster sitting in the basement in parts