close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

any place to go crappie fishing still

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by kingcrappiefisherman, Oct 14, 2004.

1. undefinedundefined where can i find a good place to fish for crappie still?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. I know they can be caught at Cowan. They are plentiful, but they are small...only 7 or 8 inches. There are bigger ones in there, but I think it's a long shot to bank on getting more than a couple in a full day of fishing. Those little ones seemed to be everywhere last weekend.

Crappie at Caesar Creek has been impossible for me, but there are guys who have figured out this lake. I just haven't fished enough there to be of use. There are a couple of OGF users that are very knowledgable on the crappie bite. I have a feeling that it gets too much panfish pressure.

I would think that Paint is a good bet. I have always caught a mess down there, nothing frenzy-like, but regular crappie action in normal places you would expect to find them. It is very remote though, and you should take a partner.
    Just remember, there is no such thing as a sure thing with fishing. Good luck.

3. Skooky

Skooky Fish Wizard

Ft Loramie seems to be a pretty good crappie lake. It's the only thing I fish for there, in the spring and in the fall. They usually are in the 7-9" range and occasionally something larger.