close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any Pack Rats out there...?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hook N Book, May 12, 2005.

1. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Notice the date on this magazine. I've got more that are similiar to these but some are older and some newer. I was just wondering if anyone else tends to save mags or other info like this??? Does this make me a Pack Rat??? :D
    My Girlfriend things I should seek help immediately. :rolleyes: :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. catking

catking Banned

I was one a few years ago but now , I save NOTHING...I have the policy if I haven't used /looked/toyed ..with a ceratin thing in 1 year, it's out the door .... :D ... I just find it hard to believe Hook that you need a mag from 1985 to catch 'Eyes........ I mean , come on man , they're EYES........ :D ... THE CATKING !!!

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Now if it were a CATFISH mag, I could see how you would keep it!-I gotta agree w/ Da King. An Eye mag? Save it though, never know when you will need some paper for a fire! :D

4. I have every hunting/fishing magazine I've ever gotten, since the early 80s, which amounts to hundreds and hundreds of magazines. I love to go back and look through them every once in a while. The 10+ year old catalogs could probably stand to go. :rolleyes:

5. Hook N Book

Cruel, that's just plain outright cruel...! Once again, you guys proved you just can't blink around Catfishermen. :D :D
    Where are the Eye guys when you really need'em. At least they'd be more empathetic. :rolleyes: :D
    BTW: When the fishing gets tough you never know when you might have to dust off an old tactic. ;)

6. I'm with you. I've got some old newspapers that I've kept. Like when the Browns beat the Cowboys back in 1995. I've got other papers too. I think I need to go through some of my Sports Illustrated's though and get rid of them. I was told that it is stupid to keep this stuff but for some reason I can't get rid of it. I also have sports programs from most professional sporting events I've been to. I think I might even have a Derek Jeter autograph somewhere when he was with the Clippers here in Columbus.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I bet we all would liek to get the products for the same price thats quoted in those mags that 10+ years old!

8. Do you think they would just laugh if you said that you just seen the ad in a magazine?

9. That's really the only reason I keep them around. It amazing to see how much things have changed, just in the past 10 years or so.

10. Man, having a stash of mags like that is a right of manhood!!Like drinking beer or "scratching". Its natural to save what you like!!Tell your girlfriend that I think you're normal?lol!!
    why is it women have clothes and loveletters from junior high??and thats "allright"??? :D :D :D

11. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

i save all sorts of magazines too. I have a few ohio outdoor journals from the early 70's

12. Hello.... my name is Stoshu... and I'm a pack-rat ! ! ! ! I keep it all...(remember the 4 special edition Pepsi can's from back in the late 80's....got-em....) Why get rid of them???? The tips in there are just as valid today, as they were back then (unless the 'eyes have learned to read by now...cats don't need too many tips...just something stinky on the end of a hook ;) ;) ;) ) I have an old metal 5ft. bait cast rod from my grandfather. It's probably not worth more than a couple of bucks at a flea market, but to me it holds ton's of memories.

Hook...Hold your head up high and proudly proclaim "I AM A PACK-RAT"..then tell her that you'll get rid of them when she gets rid of her photo albums and scrap books (then duck.... :) ). No...you don't need help..you just need a better hiding place for them.

13. Hook N Book

LOL...! :D