close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any One Know About Sears Motors

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Eriesteamer, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Eriesteamer

Eriesteamer BORN TO RIDE THE WAVES

Yep I got 2 of them.now to what I like find out.They ( sears ) told me Chrysler made em.This I found out about them.yes Chrysler made em.then sold out to mercury then mercury sold out to Eska.Eska drop the line.thus no more sears gamefisher motors.now who or where I go for parts.are parts still available.are these worth much.I never see any for sale.or any one useing em.though mine both run as new ( they both got less then 100 hours on em) I was thinking get new water impellers just in case.there 1989 and 1990 models.thus water pump ( impeller ) can dry out thus need replaced.last back to sears they do not know there stuff.never again will I buy there.these use to be Ted Williams motors.as Sears called them.never did know who made them.but think Chrysler did.Then name changed to Gamefisher but is it same motor ??? is Eska still in busness and if so making these under another name.Just like know

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

3. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

I have had and hunted 2 Eska/gamefishers, loved them and they ran great. You can find parts for them, just have to look around a little. BC

4. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

hope they're nt chryslers b/c back in the day they said they were only good 4 anchors-good luck :D

5. I have a 1972 air-cooled Golden Jet 5 HP, (may have been sold by sears) but is actually an Eska O/B. Eska is now out of business. I don't have the links at hand, I'll look, but there are a few places on the 'net with all the parts you'll need.

6. Eriesteamer

Thanks for info on these Sears gamefisher motors.back to what I got the last they sold.I heard before about the older Chrysler motors and nothing good to say about them.But mine being the last just maybe a better one.runs perfect had lots say so quiet when trolling.To Eska I thought they where out the out board motor thing as I have not seen any thing about them for years.I to have and older air cooled motor.some where in the 70 = 80 year and it to runs good.But all I care about now was getting a few impellers for my late gamefisher as if ever need em will have em.I fix out boards for years and most never need anything but water pump impellers.and it was not easy to find them.before I got into these Sears I was into the old Scott At Water ones.they to was good but no parts was at hand.
    Gave up on that line.seems I got bad habit getting the lemons so may go into running lemmon aid stand.

7. Eriesteamer

Frayedknot The info you gave me was tops.I see mine now was a force built one.now to who heck is force.I was told Mercury was Force.Oh well.any hint to Force motors.My friend has a 50 horse one.says Force on it and the dealer sold it to him said it was a Low end Mercury.back about this time thought Mercury was behind the force line.Dealers tell you any thing to sell you what ever they got get rid of.Why I never care use them.I seen this dealer and he says he never was a force dealer and has no parts for any but Mercury.Why back when he sold my friend his Force motor I got the idea it was a low end Mercury.as that was what he said.Well back to where I came in.Still wonder who made my motor.and who is Force.