close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any one had a discogram?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CPTN.CROWN, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Well im going Friday for the discogram procedure so they can tell what disc's need operated on. Anyone had one, or know of someone that can tell me what its all about? Ive heard its extremly painfull :eek: but would like to get some reports first hand. Doc tells me i should run away and not have it done(the guy whos doing it) but i think he is just screwing with me. Any input would be great. Hopefully ill be back on the water by October. That depends on when the surgery is :(

Thanks

Jason

2. Discogram....?
    My wife suffered from degenerative disc in the lumbar region for years. It would put her down 2 or 3 times a year up to 3 weeks per episode. She saw a surgeon about 4 years ago. Had the surgery to repair the discs. 2, I believe? Within a month, her back was better then it was prior to the surgery. It's only gotten better since. It gets tired from time to time but has yet incapacitate her. She even golfs a couple time per year without symptoms.
    Good luck with the Doc. Improvements in this field have been enormous over the past ten years.
    Prayers goin out to you.
    Keep us updated.
    I'll ask my wife tonight if she recalls a discogram and report back if she does.

Discogram, John Travolta arriving at your door wearing a white suit, dancing and singing Happy Birthday in a bad '70's melody :D ......I'd take Doc's advice and run too.
    Sorry, couldn't help myself.

3. Ive had 2 mri's cat scan xrays epiderals and pain killers, muscle relaxers, steriods and the crown. Nothin helping. Pain is so bad now im taking the strongest percoset there is every 3 hrs. Still no relief, havent got a good nights sleep in 2 months. I just want to know how bad this thing is going to hurt!