Any one fishing the Tusc. River

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by troutfingers, May 13, 2008.

1. troutfingers

troutfingers Catfishermen

I was wondering if any one has had any luck in the tusc. river down near the newcomerstown/ west lafayette area?? I went out the other day and got :S !!

2. I_WALL_I

I_WALL_I Member

After work I've hit a few spots- smallies and a few eye... hit the creekmouths and rapids with jigs/twisters in white or yellow. Toward dark the saugeye have been hitting well... Try the old tressle just upstream of the bridge near the high school in Nct... Also, the mouth of Dunlap Creek by the I77 bridge... hope this helps. Good Luck!!!

3. troutfingers

yeah im gonna do that..thanks buddy
    you know how the catfishing is?

4. Billee and I caught 6 channels yesterday and I caught 1 this afternoon in that area, yesterday was alot better since the water in the feeder creek we were fishing was muddy and it was overcast...Channels were hammering...

5. troutfingers

really! what have you guys been using liver?

6. troutfingers

rivers up a lil bit tho isnt it?

7. River is still up a foot or two compared to last week, Caught 3 on fresh cut shad and 3 on crawlers, caught the one I caught today on crawler, we were fishing about 80-100yrds up a feeder creek...

8. caught this channel cat on a creek chub in the dover,phlly area.

Attached Files:

9. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

the mouth of dunlap creek has been hot all year !!!