Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if any of you Ohio Edison Customers have switched to Constellation ? If so, are the savings what they claim or is this a "bait and switch" type thing?
They are claiming a 15% reduction in my rate, 100% renewable energy source (not big selling point for me) and a free "smart thermostat" ($139 value) that can be controlled thru a smart phone app.
Thinking of taking the plunge.

·
Banned
16,937 Posts
Got the same thing yesterday and I'm a First Energy CEI customer.I was going to see if I can find a rate history for the last 12 months. If I'm not mistaken the summer months are the highest cost per KW. So 15% of the highest point may cost us in the winter. I have a month to do the research...

·
Captain of the Ship
709 Posts
Just received my offer from Constellation a few days ago too. My "bait" to switch to Constellation was a $50 prepaid VISA card.

......, If I'm not mistaken the summer months are the highest cost per KW. So 15% of the highest point may cost us in the winter. ...
And you're right Snakecharmer. I just checked my Ohio Edison bills from last winter and my Ohio Edison rate then was lower than the fixed rate being offered by Constellation now.

Of course my Ohio Edison rate NOW is higher than the rate Constellation is offering (fixed for 12 months).......so who knows what to do :confused:

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the same thing yesterday and I'm a First Energy CEI customer.I was going to see if I can find a rate history for the last 12 months. If I'm not mistaken the summer months are the highest cost per KW. So 15% of the highest point may cost us in the winter. I have a month to do the research...
Post back please after you so some research. I don't use a lot of electric, especially in winter as I plan to be in Florida...but....the wifi thermostat intrigues me! :)

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
We are constantly getting spammed and harassed by Ohio Edison even though we live outside their area and never held an account. Apparently whoever had our phone number 17+ years ago (before we built our house) was a former OE customer who skipped out on them. I finally had to threaten them with legal action before they removed me from their automated harassment list.

A few days ago we got the same flyer in the mail :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts