Ohio Game Fishing banner

Any OGFers Fishing Dave's Bait tourney Saturday??

1K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  K gonefishin 
#1 ·
I think Team Keilbasa :p is going to take a stab at it this weekend, I planned on fishing anyways. :D

Just wondering so I might be able to put some more names with faces.

G
#2 ·
I was thinking of doing it, but since your in it. :D I don't want people laughing at me when I bring in 10 lbs of fish when you are bring in 30 lbs. Talk about ringers!
I was hoping this might be a fun.
:)
I might still give it a try.

#4 ·
Tubuzz2,,

K gonefishin(Kevin) needs a spankin' . I am counting on you or Fat Cat to get him!

It is cheap and fun,, Currently ,,if the weather holds we have over 30 anglers signed up and I am estimating 80 to 120 anglers out there.

There will be some stiff competition.
The 1st tournament last season,,,a guy and gal won..... Team Limitman took the pot. It can be done....against charters AND a tough field.
Strategy and some luck...

Tournament link mentioned http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/community/showthread.php?t=70450

Tite lines and see ya Saturday. No small craft....we fish!

Bait Dave
Dave's Bait & Tackle
Location/ Phone Link:
http://www.baitdave.com/album1_008.htm

#5 ·
May the best 5 fish win!!!! In fishing ANYBODY can run across a good size school of fish and smack em good and bring home the bacon, it's anyone's game that's for sure.

Dang Dave do you want to see me get spanked or something, now I wish you where fishing it so I could spank you!! LOL :p :p :

:D ;)
Just messin man, should be a good time always is.

G
#6 ·
Well I know of a pod out there I will have to check it out on friday. Might have to give you a run for your money K gone. Hey Dave $20 is that per angler or boat. Might be a solo run will not know until Friday. Is the counrty club west on route 6 just pass sherrod park?
I can't find the link for the rules and that any help.

Never mind I found it.

#7 ·
20.00 per angler and 20.00 per team for the big eye.
Depending on how much $ this big eye grows to there may be 2 big eye pots.
Also considering doing a prize breakdown of the 100% payback as such.
Total prize pool.
100%
40% to the 1st place team and breaking down the 60% balance based on amount of teams out there.
YOU can call the shop after 9 am that morning for all prize amounts, breakdowns, big fish pot(s).
We are also planning on doing Big perch, sheephead, and steelhead. These pools are 3.00 per angler. If one on the boat gets in on the big perch, sheephead or steelhead pots. THE WHOLE TEAM MUST GET IN TO!

I HAVE TO STRESS TO ALL INVOLVED SAFETY IS 1ST AND FUN IS 2ND....THIS IS TO BE A FUN THING. VERY INEXPENSIVE!

Hope to see you this Sat.
Dave

#8 ·
May-Day​

I have a super angler, along with his wife. They have many baits, knows all walleye fishing programs. If you have room for 2 more on your boat for the tournament, they will definately have a lot to contribute including fuel funds.
There boat is under repair. Also they are able to go out of any port you may be fishing from.
Can you help this husband and wife? Please contact me. 440-963-0088
Thank you,
Bait Dave
Location/Phone Link
http://www.baitdave.com/album1_008.htm

#9 ·
Hey Jeff are there big fish in that pod?

It will probably take 35 pounds to win this event I'm sure, knowing what kind of weights I saw at the LEWT the top 10 was ALL over 30 pounds and with the ability to fish anywhere it's anyone's game. I'm not going to prefish just go out and see what we can do on Saturday. I have a couple game plans in mind just need to wait till friday night to see what the weather is going to do.

#13 ·
#18 ·
Hey Dave this morning it said E winds 10-20 that's rough water. You are correct as of now it does say 2 feet or less SWEEEET...Awesome. Who needs pre-fishing???? I wish I was out pre-fishing. I guess I'm at the dissadvantage. Good luck to everyone fishing, we all need it.

#20 ·
I hope it's 2ft or less. I fished the WC Gettogether a couple of years ago in the Fat Cat in 5's and 6's. It was a 16ft catamaran. I know the Grady will handle 5's OK, but it's still hard on an old man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.