close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any of you do Skamania?

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by CoolWater, Jun 11, 2007.

1. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

I just was curious if any OGF members head to Michigan for the summer running strains? I haven't ever made the trip.

2. FISHONAJ

FISHONAJ wishin i was fishin

I believe Indiana is the place you'd want to go to then. I don't think Michigan stocks summer run fish.

When i was younger i caught a few casting the breakwalls at Michigan City. I'm sure you could troll to get them as well. For flyfishing, there's the St Joe and some smaller tribs. The bad part is the fight in the warm water usually kills them :(

Not to get off topic ~ but i've been keeping my eye out for a good report on catching steel offshore in Ohio's part of Lake Erie. I've got a few here and there, but nothing like some of the reports i read last year. I know there is a thread on the Erie page about that, as well as on WC. If i can get that dialed in ~ i'll PM ya CW :rolleyes:

AJ

3. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Last year it was really good off Avon on Father's day weekend. Guess what this weekend is...! ;) I planning on giving it a shot this weekend if the reports indicate it's time.