Any Nimmi reports

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Flipper, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Anything going on at Nimmi for bass?

2. thelatrobe33

thelatrobe33 Ohio Bassman

I was out there last Friday, and it was a 4hr skunk fest. We tried it all! Only 1 or 2 small bites and no catches.

3. OldSchool

OldSchool Saved Fish

Not much working for me there right now...
    I was out yesterday from 5:30-9:00 with only one 13 incher to save me from being skunked. Only had one other hit the whole time.
    They say to find the balls of bait fish and you will find the big uns snacking on them... I have found those bait fish but if there are big uns in the area it is beyond me on how to hook up with em.

4. CatfishWilly

CatfishWilly Team Swamp Donkey

I don't know what you guys have been using, but I hear that texas rigged worms in brown or black work really well. A buddy of mine told me that after I got skunked out there. Caught some decent fish, bass, rock bass, even a couple 13 in crappies that were a lot of fun. Seems now it's just slowing on down. Good luck!

5. I have been out twice over the last two weeks.... one small bass caught shallow. There are tons of minnows out there, you can see them clearly at dawn. Big fish do boil up under them, but I cant catch them either....silver cranks, minnow swimbaits, spinnerbaits, not a bite. I think they are just gorged on minnows and wont bite. Kind of like the mayflys on erie. I always catch less fish during the blooms. Even trying to imitate the hatch so to speak never seems to work.

Bassthumb

6. last time i was out there was about a month ago. The minnows were boiling. i was catching them on a jointed shad rap in silver shad color 2 inches. dont know if this helps like i said that was a month ago. i have been away at college but am comeing up home next weekend ill give it a try then.

7. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Use a blue and chrome RattleTrap around those bait fish and rip it through them.