close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any mechanics out there?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by camshaft, Mar 23, 2005.

1. I have a 2001 Ford Escape that the rear wiper motor quit working. I was trying too replace it but I could not get the wiper arm off. There is a small slide clip on the arm that I slid out but it still did not want to come off. Is there a trick to getting the arm off of the motor?

Thanks for any input.

2. Camshaft, have you checked the motor with a volt meter? if so have you put a nother ground to the motor ? did you take a ohm Reading on the motor itself?

3. Yes I checked it and it is getting plenty of juice. No I did not change the ground. It seems like it is hanging up internally. I have already got a new motor assembly so now it is a matter of just getting the arm off.

Thanks

4. camshaft, i had a s-10 and it had a spline shaft ,and was hard heck to get off and on, a service manual at the libery might help you? good luck! you would think that you would be able to get it off easy!

5. I called a dealer and they said a lot of times they just have to cut it off and put a new one on. I was afraid that would be the case. the arm is going to cost as much if not more than the motor I got.

Thanks for the replies.

6. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

don,t cut it off.........once you pull that small lever that should release it a lot of times you have to get a screwdriver and pry it off....just be careful while prying.......also on GM,s there is a 13 mm nut under the cap that is right where the arm slides on so if you didn,t check go check and see if you have a cap that will pop off and see if there is a nut there if so remove and pull the little lever if there is no nut than like i aid pull the little lever and pry it off......pry it from side to side little bits at a time.....hope this helps some. :cool:

7. Thanks, I will try that tonight.